Too bad we didn't draft the LSU offense last yr...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Look at it this way guys...They could be the Browns. They took Manziel and Gilbert in the 1st, and that doesn't seem to be panning out too well for them right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Me too. And see him in situations that matter rather than just garbage time. At this point though I do not see him as anything more than a career backup.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Ya never know, he has a chance. I mean, there is no question that he has more potential than Locker. That isn't saying much however. I definitely think they need to add some competition and weapons so we can see where he stands next year though.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I have no complaint with the Wright pick. If his stats are all you are going by to judge whether or not he was a good pick, you could make that comparison for any pick in any draft for any team of someone taken after a certain player. You have to remember with Wright, who does he have that's getting him the ball? For the most part it's been Locker, Fitz, Mett, and CBJ.

I do have a complaint with the Sankey pick. With EVERY RB still on the board he's the one we chose. Could have had Hill, Hyde, Williams, Freeman etc but we freaking took Sankey. I hope that the line is just so bad he just hasn't been able to break out. But we've been using the excuse for years that our line sucks and that's why our running game can't get going.

There is usually one pick per draft for the Titans that is an OBVIOUS over reach or terrible pick. This past year, though it was Da'Quan Jones over Martavis Bryant. The year before that it was taking Zaviar Gooden in the 3rd round. A couple of years before that it was Jamie Harper. And that's not hindsight. It's the immediate reaction to the pick, knowing they screwed up.

During the draft this year, we should start a thread and all of us vote and come to a consensus on the player we want when the Titans are on the clock. Then throughout the year compare our picks to see if they're better than what the Titans actually do. I have a sneaking suspicion the people on this board will have a better draft than the Titans actual front office.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Nicely said man. I agree with the Bryant pick as well. Why they felt Hunter/Washington and a few 3rd stringers were the be all and all is beyond me. He was a steal falling to the 4th and at least a deep threat/play maker. He also could have put some pressure to compete on Hunter etc. Instead, now they have to get a WR via FA or draft again.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I've only been making that argument for eight months!

• Boring Boring x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Just make sure to avoid other Titans forums. Those who are not worshipping Mett are not made to feel very welcome.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

There were some stats posted earlier this week that broke down Mett's stats based on the score. Showed he was better when leading than garbage time. That said, the team sucks and hasn't lead very much so small sample size.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

When Beckham's SuperCatch was making the rounds, Mett's response was the best: that he did that all the time and this one wasnt even close to his best. I thought that was far more respectful than all the WOW LOOKAT THAT!!s from the sporting media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar