Rumor Tom Brady to the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Unless they tag Tanehill. Then maybe transition tag Henry. But I definitely think they could move on from Henry. I won’t be shocked at all.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The one thing you notice a lot, is that we live and die by Henry. Makes sense they won’t get rid of him, he’s a big part of our offense and our teams identity, and he has gotten better. That said, he isn’t used in the pass game much and he’s probably going to demand a whole lot of money. I hope they keep him, and I believe they will, especially since he has stayed healthy.

3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan Make the Titans Great Again

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Henry was the key to our passing game...without him we will regress and wont matter who is the QB. No RB since EG27 has had as much impact on opposing defenses in our offense. Without DH22 wont matter who our QB is because we have one WR worth a dang.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, I’d like to see us get a weapon with speed there that is worth a damn...AJ was so fun to watch this year. I’m big on Henry because he definitely sets up the pass game, but when he is stopped, we struggle. We have to figure that out or work a 2nd back into the game that’s better than Lewis to keep Henry fresh.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Um, you could very easily make the case that Tannehill was the reason for Henry being as successful as he was. Compare Henry’s numbers before and after Tannehill starting. They are dramatically better once the move was made to Tannehill. He had two very poor games before Tannehill, and only averaged over 4 yards in 2 of the 6. He only hit 100 yds once. After Tannehill he averaged over 4 every game. You can’t deny that the change at QB helped DH a lot. Derrick is good/great, but like any good RB your team has to have a legitimate passing attack. Certainly the QB benefits from a good RB—no denying that. But with a below average QB, most RBs are not going to perform well—see Henry’s first three games. So the QB is more important overall than the RB and every team in the league knows this. That is why they get paid so much more than RBs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

No doubt Tanny’s play was stellar for us. However I guess my point was not who was more important, just that I think Henry setup our PA passing game and Tanny took advantage. I dont think he is near the success if Lewis had been our sole back.

To me they are a perfect pairing and I hope they are both back and happy about it, because someone is getting tagged and not sure who will be more upset about it. If only my boss would tell me I am only going to get 10-15 mil next year....

8. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Sure, and my point was without Tanny Henry isn’t as good. Henry didn’t make MM good for example. So like you say the pairing is mutually beneficial. But if I had to choose one at this point I would choose Tannehill, because an RB is easier to replace in the draft.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

No, no their not. How many busts at RB have we had?

Also, one thing you are missing in the Mariota/Tannehill equation on Henry is the Oline. The Oline that Mariota had was quite a bit different than the Oline Tannehill had. And with that, Henry's play because of the Oline from the two different starters.

And then also, what about play calling? Arthur started calling completely different as the season went by.

10. JT2000

JT2000 Special Teams Standout

I think your point about OL improvement misses a critical fact. While It could be the overall O-Line play got better as the year progressed but the change in Henry's performance and Tannehill's was immediately after the switch so I'd say that it was at best a secondary factor.

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar