Rumor Tom Brady to the Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

We have 60mil in cap space and another easy 20mil we can open up cutting old underperforming players. That is way more than enough to sign tanny, henry, conk and ryan. Not that I think we keep all 4.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Yea, close. We have 57M and can free up about 18M by cutting dion, wake, succop, and delanie. Leaves us with 75M and 18 dudes to sign.

Tannehill ~ 22M
    Henry ~ 16M
    Conklin ~ 15M
    Ryan ~ 12M
    Total ~ 65M

That leaves us with 10M to sign more 14 players. I dont think I'd call it "plenty".
    UNLESS these contracts are back loaded, then we should be fine. But that hasnt really been the JRob way.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Ryan probably isn’t coming back, we have a lot tied up in that area of the field

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Brady - Chargers
    Rivers - Colts
    Tannehill - Titans
    Mariota - Bears

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Plus the fact he cost us 3 TDs last week and a SB berth

6. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

But those likely won’t be their cap hits this year. The cap hits will be a good bit lower. But still, it is a larger percentage of our cap space so I doubt we keep all 4.

7. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

They most likely will be I would assume. And like I said, we have the cash to do it not that I thought it would happen.

8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Honestly don't think we have the OLINE or the Social Security Payments in order to keep Brady upright....

9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

That 65mil won't be a hit all at once. They can spread that out over the next few years to lessen the blow. Jrob can essentially cut that number in half and still have room to sign 1-2 players in FA.

10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

That's true, you just cant be too aggressive with that strategy like the Jags were when signing every big name free agent that was willing to play for them. You backload the contracts a bit, enough to account for the increase in cap that is to come, but if you overdo it, you handicap yourself a few years down the road.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar