Todd McShay thinks so......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

None of us know how the Titans board looks, so assuming that Julio Jones is lower than their 8th ranked player is jumping the gun.

It is very conceivable that Jones may have moved up the Titans board considering recent events; Bowers arthritic knee more specifically.

No matter what they think of Jones, it doesn't change the fact that the quarterbacks this year all have holes and it's one of the weakest classes in recent memory. If I had to guess, they were not targeting a quarterback at eight anyway, so I think Jones is a very real possibility.

Bowers is most likely off the board at eight and that leaves one less option for sure. Jones is a faster version of Britt with great character or so I've read; the guy enjoys ping pong and fishing for gods sake.

I think it's fair to assume that we had, perhaps, the worst defensive coordinator in history in Cecil, so wouldn't it be reasonable to think we'll get better under Grey? Well, at least, we won't get any worse. Maybe our players aren't as bad as we think, maybe they were a reflection of their coach and play calling. I'm just saying that I don't think we should be dead set on drafting the best defensive player on the board.

It's not like taking a receiver won't make us a better team... there are many areas where we can upgrade. Draft Jones, he'll be a number one receiver no doubt and he may light a fire under Britt's behind as well.

Britt/Jones/CJ2K/Cook/Dalton,Ponder,Mallet,Locker,Kaepernick...

Sounds pretty sweet to me.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Come on ST Louis, you better offer us a 2nd round pick and we won't draft your WR for the future :)

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No thanks. Wouldn't really care if we got Julio or not.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

Drafting Jones or Green would be sweet... if we had someone to throw the ball to them. I really like Julio and AJ but I just can't see the Titans taking either one of them at eight. I'm still betting that Tennessee sells the farm to jump up to two for a shot at Newton or Gabbert.

I admit HeadOnASwivel... Britt/Jones/CJ/Cook/unknown QB would be pretty cool.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A month ago i was a big Julio Jones advocate and think he can be a great player but a few things made me like some other players slightly more for us.

1. The emergence of some great defensive prospects like Watt and Kerrigan. Either one would be a great pick for us.

2. Julio's injury history. He has had at least 3 broken bone injuries. One in high school and 2 at Bama. He plays through them in almost heroic fashion but his broken foot did prevent him from having a steller 2nd season in 09. That's 3 broken bones as well as some other more minor issues like a knee injury early this season and a hernia.

3. Great combine performances by 2nd and 3rd tier WRs. Smith, Baldwin and Hankerson all helped their status at the combine and at pro day. Cobb has moved up some and this Niles Paul kid from Nebraska looks like a beast, 6'1 225, 24 bench, sub 4.50 40. There are some choices at that position in rds 2-4.

My opinion of Jones didn't change that much i thought he was maybe a top 4 prospect and it dropped down to maybe the 10th or 11th best prospect but i think we can still draft that help on defense and get some help at WR later.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wouldn't touch Bowers at 8 now because of the knee. Too many other better options on the defensive line like Watt-Kerrigan-Fairley-Quinn.

Bowers might fall all the way into the 20s with so many other good prospects at that position.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think D. Williams wants Julio Jones on the team, because then who do we call Avatar?

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

I'm late to the party. Why is he Avatar?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well once upon a time in "Never Never win a playoff game Land" aka Nashville, a young lad by the name of sir Chris Johnson dubbed the nickname "Every Coaches Dream" which then sparked a thread I created about other Titans with cool nicknames. I then found out most the team had cool nicknames.

LenDale White was "Smash" from the 2008 Smash & Dash campaign.
    Javon Kearse is "The Freak".
    Keith Bulluck was "Mr. Monday Night" for his amazing MNF game years ago.
    Leroy Harris is "Cat Fish" because he looks like a cat fish.
    Ahmard Hall is "Sarge" because of his Military background.
    Dave Stewart is "Big Country" because he's big and a country boy.
    Donnie Nickey is "The Boom" because of the big hits he makes in his sleep.
    Nate Washington is "Tiffin" because IDK wtf a Tiffin is and he sucks.
    Dave Ball is "Ball Sack" because he plays DE and sacks QB's.
    Tony Brown is "Down Town Brown" for some reason.
    Jared Cook is "Cookie" because Jeff Fisher is a damn gay man.
    Rusty Smith is "The Leprechaun" for obvious reasons.
    Chris Hope is "Christopher Hopeless".
    Sen'Derrick Marks is "Question Marks" because we don't know what he is.
    Jason McCourty is "JMac"
    Damian Williams is "Avatar" because he looks like a freaking Avatar from the movie.
    Javon Ringer is "Pinball Ringer" because he;s little and bounces off defenders.
    Jacob Ford is "Build Ford 3rd & longs" because that's the only time he plays.
    Jeff Fisher I was calling "Charlie Sheens little retarded half brother" because he's half retarded and reminds me of Charlie Sheen.
    Kerry Collins has several: "Old man", "Fisher's Boy Toy", "Throw it to me I'm open in section 112"

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. gran54

gran54 Starter

Your correct, granted the Cardinals do not have the offensive line that we do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar