Breaking News Todd Downing Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DoubleBlue, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Woohoo! I’ve been swamped all day and just got a chance to look at the news.

I was thinking “I better see news that Downing was fired today”. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to see that my wish had come to fruition!

Good riddance you worthless POS! You single handedly destroyed our offense, and our season.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
  2. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I'm glad you said Titans history because I still have a special hatred for Kevin Gibride.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

LOL

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I’ve been saying that this season meltdown might open Vrabels eyes. That it’s been too easy for him since he’s been here and he needed to feel some pain and adversity.

The fact that’s he’s cleaning house shows that he’s not oblivious, or too stubborn to admit he’s wrong like some coaches… ie Mularkey. With a new GM and fresh coaching staff, I’m excited for next year.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

We are all excited at the prospect of change but also realize what will actually happen. Titans promote Tim Kelly to OC, promote Mike Sullivan to O-line coach, promote Clinton McMillan to secondary coach, promote Ryan Cowden to GM.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I heard from someone who supposedly has some inside information that for OC they are most likely going outside of the org and bringing in someone new.

I guess time will tell…

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Promotions are fine as long as the guy can do the job.

The retreads that have been fired from 3-4 teams aren't really very exciting hires either.

All in all, I'm more worried about the new GM being able to find talent and keep the cap decent to keep the roster decent for more than a year or 2. Ultimately, the players on the field matter more than some position coach.

8. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I will be very surprised if Vrabel brings in anyone who will have a differing opinion to his own.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Although hopeful, none of us thought Downing would be a goner as soon as the day after the season ended.

Maybe Vrabel will evolve and adapt.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Bet you wouldnt punch him in game.

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar