Breaking News Todd Downing Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DoubleBlue, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathaeticTN

apathaeticTN Starter

a good first start of the cleanup. Definitely the new Hires need to come from outside of organization but the OC position needs to be a young and hungry person (no more retreads or patchovers) with a mindset of pass setup the run- Titan fans are beyond tired with predictable pedestrian offense that leads to more balls Kicked than caught-this has been going on for over 20 years and really needs to stop.

Focus on offensive and being dynamic vs 3 and out High School playbook which Titan Fans have had to watch for decades now.

2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

They're interviewing. Send them your post history, see what happens.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I seem to remember there being some chatter that Vrabel was thinking of firing, or at least demoting, LaFluer prior to him being announced as the head coach of the Packers. From what I remember, it seemed like there was tension between the two.

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

It thought J.Rob forced Vrabel to bring LaFleur on as the OC since he wanted to hire both of them during the HC interviews. At least, that's how I recall things going.

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Not sure about that, I don’t remember hearing about a possible demotion. But I do remember not being very impressed by LeFluer. I think Art did a much better job at OC.

I mean, we were actually explosive for the first I can remember. We ended up #2 offense in 2020. It was defense that was garbage that year.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Why we called him The Flower.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Take it for what it’s worth. Not really sure the source.

upload_2023-1-11_14-27-9.png

Attached Files:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Seems like Vrabel likes to hire staff that are yes people..."below him" as it makes him feel smarter I guess

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The source was Taylor Lewan. He got the news LIVE while doing a podcast and said all of this.

He was joking with Downing about playing TE for him next year. Downing said, oh you're going to play for X highschool? Lmao. Just shows that he knows he's terrible and won't get another job as OC in the NFL.

Taylor Lewan Reacts LIVE To Todd Downing Being Fired | Taylor Lewan Reacts LIVE To Todd Downing Being Fired | By Bussin’ With The Boys | Facebook

• Cheers Cheers x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar