Breaking News Todd Downing Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DoubleBlue, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’m on their page as well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

could be raining...

3. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I wish Buddy was in Buffalo when the Oilers blew that 32 point lead. Punching Gilbride in that game might have made a difference.

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

From a year ago. I’m always one step ahead of the organization. I should be this team’s new GM

Attached Files:

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Buddy wouldn’t have stopped with a punch. That would have been an old fashion curb stomp and with no curb, just that cement under the putting green they laid down in the astrodome.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

Sunday night game, Oilers vs Jets, with Bucky taking most of if not all of the 2nd half snaps. I was watching from a Cici's pizza after the Sunday night church service. A buddy came up, grabbed me by the shoulder and yelled 'ol Buddy just swung at Gilbride on the sideline!' and just like that I was glued to the tv for the rest of the night. Such a great memory. Probably Bucky's finest moment/game as an Oiler.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I remember watching it live and thinking it was about damn time something like that happened. Gilbride had it coming all season. The end of the first half of that Jets game was the last straw.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I don't think Vrabs is as controlling as some folks make him out to be. As you said, under different OCs, the Titans were a different offense. So maybe he just lets his OC do their job. I'm sure he has input but it's not "his offense or nothing" like people here think.

Of course the offense was limited in the passing game by lack of weapons and having Henry, it's tempting to run the ball... But Downing was just terrible at when to call what and when to get away from what wasn't working. Or when to keep doing what was working. Obviously he didn't adjust after halftime.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

but they werent a different offense, Henry just ran all over the place and Tannehill was dropping dimes on his couple of crappy receivers. We were still running on 1st down almost every 1st down. We still were running a bunch of 3 yard routes on 3 and 7.. We still had our 2 receivers on the same side of the field within yards of each other. Keep in mind continuity has been a word used over and over.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

derrick henry came out on 3rd and 5 with Art and Todd as OC... im firing vrabel the instant i see derrick henry on the bench on 3rd and 4 next year. theres no way thats a smart football move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar