Today im very Asante Samuel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Talib will not be a Titan, so not worth getting crazy over. He's not a Munchak kinda guy.

I'd be flabbergasted if he became a Titan at any point of his career.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm the one arguing for him and I completely agree. There's no way the Titans even think about acquiring him.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

F Denver.

Makes a lot of sense for him to go there. Bailey + Samuel = best CB duo in the league. Their front 7 has improved tremendously as well. It would be painfully difficult for teams to throw on them. If they get Samuel, I will have to change my initial 9-7 prediction for the Broncos to 11-5.

These turds are now #4 on my list of hated teams behind the Ravens, Steelers, and Texans.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Yeah i'm getting to where i really can't stand Denver either.

I would offer a 4th round pick if i'm Tennessee for Asante Samuel.

We need help plus we don't want to be exposed and have issues where everyone is passing for 300 or 400 yards a game on us.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Why does everyone keep acting like cornerback is an area where the Titans need help? It's behind DE, DT, LB and S on the list of defensive needs.

Upgrade the pass rush and McCourty and Verner will be just fine.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I agree but I think that LB and Safety are solid enough if we can upgrade the pass rush. We still need depth in our LB corp and a Safety for depth behind Griffin and Babineux.

We however have two starter spots open on the DL; one that was wide open spot at DT (this is why I want Still at 20) and a place opposite Wimbley that Morgan a can be beat out.

That being said adding Samuel give us instant depth to our CB's by sliding Verner into the NB role with Samuel and McCourty on the outsides. I'd give a 6th round this year and a conditional 5th (that can move to a 4th) for Samuel.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure about those guys at their age being a great duo but Denver makes a bunch of sense if they can afford him. He has two years left on his deal and obviously with Manning they are looking at a 2-3 year window to win a SB. There is a chance they could aquire him to only play in nickel and dime packages. They already signed Tracy Porter. Samuel would be a liability against the run but a great guy to get on the field in sure passing downs such as 2nd and 3rd and long or in the 2nd half when the Broncos have a lead.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane, the Eagles are willing to accept just a fifth- or sixth-round pick in exchange for CB Asante Samuel.
    It's interesting if true because the Denver Post reported the Eagles turned a pair of offers from the Broncos involving a fifth- or sixth-round pick and a player on Denver's roster. The problem may be Samuel's willingness to take a paycut more than the Eagles' compensation. Still, Philly's newfound urgency should increase the chances of Samuel wearing a different uniform by next weekend.
    Related: Broncos
    Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

I say we could pull this trigger. Its about cap room at this point which we have.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You need more than just two corners in todays NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar