Today are you rooting for a win or Mallett?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Eh, I'm not going to go out on a limb and say someone "isn't a true fan" if they would rather root for us to lose and get a better draft pick, because there's logic in it. However, to answer the OP's question, I always root for a win. Main reason, because the players on the field who wear the uniforms of my favorite team are out there playing their butts off to win a game. I can't sit there and say "Man, why did we have to win this game..." I was excited to see how well they played, and enjoyed every second of it.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can get on board with that. That's all I was trying to say is that there is logic in it, as you say. Saying someone isn't a true fan just because they'd rather have a potential franchise QB than one or two extra wins in a lost season is BS. Expected from RollTide, but BS nonetheless.

Problem is this team hasn't been "playing their butts off" these last several weeks. They've been laying down. It's a lot easier as a fan to not care whether we win or lose when the players don't seem to care themselves. If I felt this team was playing their hearts out and leaving it all out on the field every Sunday and were just unfortunately coming up short then I'd be rooting for wins as enthusiastically as ever. Because I'd want to see them get over the hump. I'd want to see all their hard work pay off with W's. I love this team. But frankly the effort I saw out there for the vast majority of the 6 game losing skid was inexcusable as well as infuriating.

They did put forth a real professional effort for once this past Sunday though. I'll give them that. And I enjoyed the game. It's not like I'm mad because we won or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar