Toby Gerhart

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

Ron Dayne, maybe? Tim Tebow sans the arm? Not that there's anything wrong with that.....Dayne and Tebow were both great runners in college, as is Gerhart.

Gerhart obviously has very good balance and a ton of power....but he's gonna need it, because I'm just not seeing any kind of quickness, elusiveness or the ability to make defenders miss. He's gonna have to be a bruiser, since he probably won't be outrunning anyone.

He also tends to run upright with a high pad level, which neutralizes much of his power. This also exposes him to a lot of undue punishment, and could also lead to ball security issues at the NFL level.

The guy's a great college player, but I just don't see it translating to the NFL particularly well. He does have really good feet for a big guy...but ultimately, I'm seeing his ceiling being comparable to that of Lendale or Ron Dayne. A good lunchpail-type player, and maybe a good short-yardage/goal line runner....but probably not an every-down RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar