To those who think that KVB success was a fluke...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

"The Titans made a great free-agency play for Kyle Vanden Bosch two years ago, but he was contained at times last year. Like Freeney, however, he was among the league leaders in hurries and could approach double digit sacks this season." -- Ned Macey

URL: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7050164

2. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Yeah, when you check his stats, his QB pressure numbers REALLY jump out (he had 30!!). He was very close to getting a lot of sacks, and he still disrupted QBs on a consistent basis. His job is to mess up the QB, and he does that quite well. People put too much into actual sack numbers.

The more troubling thing to me about KVB is that he rushes upfield and opponents run behind him. That may be Schwartz's fault though.

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Everything is Schwartz's fault.

I can't wait to see what KVB can do this year. It's just unfortunate that we couldn't get somebody decent to play across from him.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Ford will help us out this year as a situational rusher. but other than that expect another mediocre year from the d-line.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Depends. If Odom can stay healthy, he's got to eventually play up to par. Him just playing solid would help KVB a lot on the other side.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Yeah it would. Odom is my key player for this season. His health will be a huge factor in our success on defense this year. I'm looking for a breakout year and a fat contract at the end of it.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

To those who think that KVB success was a fluke...???

who says that? I didn't even know the guy had a serious critic.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't think his success was a fluke, but I do think that no opponent thought anything of him, so they didn't prepare for him, so he had an excellent year. Now everyone expects him to be a good player, and he didn't really seem to do much last year. No stats to back this up, but he didn't have the presence he had in 05.

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Actually, his stats were very similar to the year before, except in sacks. But again...30 QB pressures. That's a lot!

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

We need to rotate on the dline to keep guys fresh, and healthy. KVB is a very good player, and very under rated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar