To Put Things in Perspective

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This would probably fit in one of the many Fire Munchak threads, but oh well.

Take a look at this for a second and just let it sink in.

Losses with a margin of over 17 points:

New England 34-13
    San Diego 38-10
    Houston 38-14
    Minnesota 30-7
    Chicago- 51-20
    Green Bay 55-7

0-8 against teams either in or still alive for the playoffs.

0-5 in the AFC South.

I don't like the idea of changing head coaches every two years like the Browns and Dolphins do, but is there any way this organization can justify not changing leadership after a season like this?

• High Five High Five x 12
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The injuries obviously hut but the team plays with no heart and the coaches are obviously way in over their head. Clueless actually. Not sure Palmer wasn't one of the better coaches. So yes, those are the facts and we have to move on. There is simply no choice.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I truly think that 0-5, possibly 0-6, in the AFC South is reason enough. It is not like the AFC South was a power house this year.

We were just flat out not competitive with decent teams this year. Keeping this coaching staff around for another year would send too much of a message of being content with having a bad team.

With the embarrassment we went through IN A WIN last week, and the two horrible losses against G.B. and CHI, I would be thoroughly upset to see Munch and company back.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I think we're in about the same situation as Denver was when they went through the McDouch experiment. They didn't play around, they cut their loses quick and moved on. Even though they lost a lot of their core talent they've been able to get it turned around in a couple years. Yeah, I know Peyton is a big part of that but I think this coaching staff is the main reason we couldn't lure him here. He saw then what were seeing now. That these coaches are a joke and he couldn't get very far with this team. Looks like he made the right choice!

5. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

No, there is no justifying any of these guys getting one more shot. IMO we weren't good last year and took a big step back this year. I've been saying it all season, no accountability, no discipline, no adjustments, no direction. Bud owes it to the fans to field the best team he can week in and week out. I think we have some great talent, I also think we can't scheme to save our lives. When I see guys like Casey sitting on the sideline laughing during a 55-7 blowout it makes me feel absolutely disgusted. This team is so bad it's become funny to a lot of them and what kind of attitude is that?

Watching this Seattle vs. Niners game right now goes to show how quick you can take a bad team to a great team in a short amount of time with THE RIGHT STAFF! A house cleaning is the only option.

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Indy is another example of what can be done if Bud will bring in a qualified staff not a bunch of rejects! At least with Fisher we could win a lot of games and look competitive and even if we weren't winning we didn't lose this ugly over and over again. He just couldn't win the big games but at least we weren't a total laughing stock of the NFL like we are now!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

We've only scored more then 20 points 3 times this entire season. Our offense is a laughing stock.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Injuries weren't a big part in the blow outs early in the year.

Being uncompetitive in almost half the games is bad. But what I hate worse is the number of penalties and how undisciplined we played. Besides the blowouts, we lay an egg in Jacksonville as well.

Our wins against Bills, Lions, Fins, Jets, Steelers...not a playoff team in the bunch and a bunch of teams that will be picking high in the draft.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The thing that pisses me off is the amount of penalties lately. It's like watching a preseason game sometimes.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Coaching staff has to go after looking at this in letting it really sink in. I agree about not wanting to fire coaches every 2 years but how do you defend this? If we go 0-6 in the freaking AFC South and throw in going 0-8 against playoff (or still contending) teams then heads must roll. We beat the Steelers when they had a ton of injuries and the freaking Jets and even that was ugly.

I can't put all the blame on the players until we got some coaches that actually know what they're doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar