Titans' Young sits vs. Skins for violating team rule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that you could tell just by looking at Vince last night that he felt horrible.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Bud Adam's grandson told my Mom that Vince was out at a club and knew he missed curfew at the hotel so he just went to his house.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I can't give specific information because I was told in confidence, however, look a bit closer. Vince is the ultimate team player and is always putting team first. Vince knows the team curfew time. The entire team stays at the hotel the night before a game. While staying at the team hotel, they meet by position, then offense and defense meet separately, then they meet as an entire team, then they go back to positions and watch game film, etc.

After these meetings, the team has some free time to get dinner, meet with family or go hang out with pouty girlfriends, etc. Then there's curfew. Each player's room is checked and each player must been seen by a designated team official to be checked off for curfew. Vince isn't insane. He knows what time he needs to get back to the hotel. He knows that EVERYONE spends the night in the hotel the night before the game. Think, do you think Vince would simply shrug his shoulders and spend the night at his house when he clearly knows the rules?

C'mon, you fans are smarter than this!

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Elfin are you saying this was some sort of conspiracy that VY agreed to screw up so that Fish could look like a hard *** and really get the teams attention?

5. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Bongo said that Fisher did this by design to get back at the NFL for the lack of Titans primetime games. Also, I really don't mind, I didn't have to hold my breath every play in the first quarter when we were offense...

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:ha:

yeah, i was pretty disappointed when i heard he wasnt going to play, then i saw campbell get knocked out a couple time.

7. High Rise

High Rise Camp Fodder

elfin, family emergency?

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Titan 224 and High Rise, apologies, but if someone tells me something in confidence, I won't tell it. O.K., I will tell it to my Mom, so she knows and she's not talking (think Bush beans commercial). But anyway, no, I'm not alluding to any Fisher conspiracies.

I am saying, step back and look at the body of evidence, then look at the "accused" past behavior and see if it adds up. Vince was not partying late at a club, especially the night before a game! From what I understand, right before the team came onto the field for warmups, a statement was released to the media and it said Vince had broken an "unspecified" team rule. Vince nor "team Vince" ever made a pubic statement regarding what happened.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i couldnt let that one go

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I thought it was bc he stayed at his own house the night b4 the game instead of at the hotel with the team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar