Titans WRs Working to Prove Doubters Wrong

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans WRs are well aware of the national perception that many felt the team should have drafted a wide receiver in the top two rounds. "All that is fuel for our fire," said Justin Gage. "The reality is we have a lot of guys in here that can play at this level. We just have an opportunity to prove that to everybody. We do it behind the scenes, and now we need to take it to the field and show the world." Receivers coach Fred Graves also knows of the perception but feels his team has the talent to be successful. "For our offense, we've got the right guys," Graves said. "Guys that come to work, blue-collar guys, guys that can make plays for us. … I think people will see different things come out of this group."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Every #3 WR in the league is playing at this level. Problem is, we have a roster full of #3 WR's.

I do hope Gage is right, though.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

We have a borderline #1, and a bunch of #3s. Crump can fill the role of a #2. We'll be fine.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's all good. We'll be fine for this year. Next year we have to add some talent.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

if vince improves his arm, and either Ealy or Hawkins come on well, we'll be ok. Vince's accuracy (or lack of) was our main problem last year. I don't care who you have at receiver...if the ball is thrown 5 yards over their head, they aren't going to do anything with it.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Harper quote was about the most exciting thing I've read so far this offseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It was HARDLY all Vince's fault. Sure his accuracy needs to improve. But we had some critical drops last year. We had Gage running out of bounds with no one to beat because he couldn't keep his balance to the endzone. And we had several plays where no WR got open.

I would say the blame is 50-50, from my point of view.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd say it's more 80-20. Many people that casually watch the titans said the reason our WRs dropped balls was because they were excited that a catchable one was finally thrown. haha Could very well be the case.
    We heard the same types of excuses for McNair once he was washed up, also. Collins came in last year (collins sucks btw) and our receivers looked fine. Much like when Volek came in for McNair. Yet, as soon as Mac/Vince came back the receivers were the problem again...somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar