Titans WRs Must Do More to Help Struggling Passing Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I guess he is like McNair :grrhee:

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You know, Bennett was a FA, not exactly a first round pick. If we could get the same production or better out of people we did spend money for, it would go a long way to helping. Calico isn't even on the team anymore, and Givens can't stay on the field. Bennett has caught several TD passes this year, and in '04 had over 1200 yards receiving. It's really not his fault the ball isn't getting to him. I would call out a few others before getting on his case.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

McNair used to drive me nut throwing the ball so that the receiver usually had to go down in order to make the catch. Generally, the QBs who put up the most passing yards are those who are accurate and their receivers get more after the catch. McNair did this much better later in his career.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bennett can't catch and doesn't make much of an effort.

5. MacNine

MacNine Starter

I thought the WRs were having problems because McNair was not spending any practice time with them?

Now, they have a QB that practices all week and same result. Anyone find it ironic?

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yeah it is..neither one is accurate

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Yes, the WR need to make the catches; however, unless the WR were just running alot of really bad routes, VY also needs to become more accurate.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Vince CERTAINLY needs to get more accurate. He has to in order to be a successful NFL quarterback. However, he can't get there overnight. It would help his learning curve if the WRs could catch at least 2/3 of the balls that hit them in the hands, and maybe make some extra effort to stretch out for the ones that aren't quite there. Good WRs make plays on the ball, ours rarely, rarely do.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

No, Bennett can catch but doesn't make much of an effort.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Bennett can be very hot and cold. Is Givens ever gonna get back? He's more consistent.

Vince Young CERTAINLY needs a lot of work on his accuracy. The thing about this is I've seen him make some tough throws so he's ABLE to do it...he just needs to do it more often.

But the WR's, TE's and RB's really need to step up their game in both route running and catching the ball.

Oh, and on one of VY's INT's (which was a bad pass) I noticed 2 recievers in close proximity...which shouldn't happen. Can't make those types of route running mistakes because that will lead to some more INT's that won't be VY's fault. Let's avoid giving him MORE chances to throw picks.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar