Titans worst in the league running on 1st down

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

When has locker shined? 2 minute drills. Do we run the ball in hurry up? No. So the defense isn't nearly worried about CJ but locker balls out. Your argument that CJ is the reason locker has been good is now void. Come again.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yes true but still I stand by my post. but yes this has mad potential as a offense and its true we underutilize our athletes. but the way you suggested...wildcat in particular...is something im glad we don't do.

3. 520

whenever given the chance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

That's true as well. But he's been spectacular in the hurry up as well as whenever we stop running the ball and put the game on his back.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Bilbo Lowgains is too stupid to realize that on first down when we see 8+ in the box we should be passing, instead he decides to pound 190 pound CJ up the middle into the strength of the defense.

6. Clark

I'm fairly confident the guy knows more about football than any one on this forum. However, I do questions why certain calls are made. Certain packages don't make sense to me and I also don't see us doing nearly enough play changing on the line.

On one side, you have bully play. Which is what we have been trying to do. Just push the opposition out of the way, beat the team straight on. Show your hand, and still dominate the opposition. Now on the other hand you have smart plays that hide your hand a bit more. Much like what the 9ers do from time to time. A lot of audibles, checks and resets. We line up and go straight ahead. That's a mentality thing we are trying with the team. Unfortunately that hasn't worked.

This also explains why we havnt done nearly enough (IMO) play action.

7. 520

im understanding whats happening now. as a hall of fame guard munch is used to being able to "bully" his opposition so he figures that's what his team will do. but it aint working. that's why he always got that confused look. he don't understand. hes like well I used to just push them and my rb would run why no happen??

jk munch is the man

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

CJ's best runs have been up the middle. I'd like to see how this plays out with Turnstile Turner sidelined. That locate and destroy Schwenke pulled on CJ's TD reception was a thing of beauty. Any which way you spin it, we have to execute better. Maybe with Schwenke, we'll actually be able to block in zone. Right now, we seem to only be able to block with a fullback in the backfield.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Agreed.

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Chill out senior bada$$ and don't get you panties in a bunch. I said "What seems to be". Point being is that CJ isn't getting many break away touches even for first downs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar