Titans Working on Contract Offer for Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with riverman this time. Stallworth can take his over paid arse somewhere else..

Someone suggested we get roy williams and limas sweed. How would we do that?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Trade for one, draft the other.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

simple enough, but i think he expected a deeper answer?

aside, If pacman is really to be traded as is rumored, he would be a good start for a trade.

i dont like limas personally, i think super mario or Malcolm Kelly would be a better fit.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If we trade for Roy Williams then our #1 & #2 (Williams/Gage) would have good size with little speed. Limas Sweed wouldn't give us what we needed.

We'd be forced to draft a speed guy. Manningham would be nice but I can't see us selecting him after giving up a high pick for Roy. Lavelle Hawkins maybe?

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sounds like a solid deal to me.

I also watch a lot of Cowboys games, and I'm not all that impressed with Crayton. I think Gage could actually be a little better.

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

hawkins is nice, Manningham just looks like a winner to me, and he looks like he would do anything to catch a pass..

kinda like David Tyrie..

7. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

yeah but the diff is c. brown wont demand half the money that julias jones demands.. and trust me julias isnt worth it.. so if i had to choose i would take c. brown and half the salary

8. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

good point, even so i would genuinely rather have lendale and chris henry than lendale and julius jones, and if not chris henry let some unproven guys get a chance, i.e. dontrell martin, quinton ganther. i think getting julius jones would eb a bad move

9. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i love the fact that we are trying to sign gage.. he is a solid reciever with room to grow... this will be the first time in gage's career that he will have the same starting qb 2 years in a row.. he has the tools to be an awsome #2 reciever.. lets get it out of the way so we can concentrate on upgrading our offense

10. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

lendale white needs a partner in the backfield.. we need to get a fast back that can make people miss and get to the outside.. remember at usc lendale had reggie and they were the best rb tandem in the country.. here's a great question if usc had lendale in the backfield and no reggie bush would lendale have done just as good handleing the majority of the carries??? if you answered no you are correct.. so why would he do any better in the nfl getting the majority of the carries??? i like lendale and i like his running style but every one knows lendale cant run very well to the outside and he sure as heck cant make people miss.. chris brown is not the answer here.. when brown is healthy he is a decent runningback but he's hurt 70% of the time and im sorry i could be wrong but i dont think chris henry is the answer either and i dont think he will be more than a 3rd string rb in the nfl.. thats just my opinion... we need a back with some speed and agility period

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar