Titans Wisely Keeping Cool in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I don't get that, maybe by the numbers but as the season went on they did start playing better! I think the Titans have a good young core of players! Maybe with a few pickups here and there they will be great!

2. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Is SI wrong on this? Starkiller was saying we have only 17mil. Does anyone really know?

3. Smudger

Smudger Starter

I hope we sign Nick Harper soon

4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

watch: Nick Harper signs with the Lions for a bag of chips when thte Titans offered 20mil :(

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

it says alot about the organization when two players offered equal or more money turn their backs on you and 3 of our own free agents bolt the minute they get any semblance of an offer. Has Fisher tainted his team with the Pacman treatment, or have the cuts and purges over the last 3 years finally come to fruition and made players feel that there is no security in Nashville and bonus' do not get paid?

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Kenny Hamlin is still out there, and Reinfeldt knows him from his Seabag days... I'd love it if we signed him

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't know what all the fuss is about.

I, for one, am excited to pay $$ to see the team leading the NFL in Available Cap Space. In fact, we will can use the extra room to lock down mult-year deals with last year's less productive players. I'll bet we can get Kerry Collins to a 5 year deal.

THERE IS VERY LITTLE WISDOM IN HOW WE HAVE MANAGED THE FA MARKET THIS YEAR. Mark it- it will bite us on the southside next year when we can't get the ball in end zone.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Or we shorten Vince Young's career by putting too much on him like we did McNair, instead of surrounding him with playmakers.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Anyone heard of progress with Harper?

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I agree, up to this point at least. I think there is a balancing point between not over spending, but also spending enough to improve your team. I dont think it is wise to have your team downgraded while you sit and twiddle your thumbs. And yes, I realize that there are still guys out there, and that more guys will get cut. And though Im not thinking the world is ending, I cant see how anyone can possibly be excited our offseason so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar