Titans will not use their first-round pick on an offensive lineman this year

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If one of the top WRs dropped to us and we took em.... I'd probably be happy (no Jeffery) it would make us a serious contender on the offensive side.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Cutter totally agree with some points you made. You never see teams with both a great defense and offense one side carries the other. We are closer to a great offense than a dominating defense. A corrected o-line that can be fixed in free agents a go to receiver is all we need for an explosive offense. Defense we could need a new corner, possibly both safeties, wlb, and d-line help.

3. Clark

At the sa,e time, a healthy britt back this year could easily do that as well. I don't want to look like the falcons and get a WR and over pay out the waaaazoooooo.... And still not get anywhere.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

The thing about Britt is I know he has ton's of potential but rookie year hamstring second year hamstring now a knee injury. I understand but next year if he is healthy but what if he isn't? Than we wasted years that could have been developing one of the receivers in a very deep class.

5. Clark

Oddly enough, britt had no history of injury in college...

6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I want Finny to be a Titan and I think that we ultimately end up tagging him. I certainly will not blame the front office if they decide to pay Mario 14mil a yr and go with a rookie NB or pick up another vet CB for cheaper.

It is going to be easier to find a starting NB in the draft than a starting DE.

If you look at the depth of certain positions i think that the FA CB class has decent depth and that the CB draft class has decent depth.

The draft is full of 3-4 rush Lbers but has very few prototypical 4-3 DEs. Personally I would love to transition to a 3-4 defense and now would be the perfect time with a deep draft class for 3-4 rush Lbers and the fact that we have no DEs under contract.

7. Clark

Nor do we have a legit NT for a 34 look. Moving Casey to a 5 tech might be okay but Morgan would need to add some lbs.

34 draft

1.20 Upshaw (unlikely he falls that far)
    2.20 Burflict
    3.20 Josh chapman NT Alabama
    4.20 C
    5.20 S

Sure I guess, but still just as many holes to fill.

NT, Rush LB, ILB... Plus hoping Casey and Morgan can transition. Along with our secondary issues still.

8. Clark

That's a dream scenario... If we were to do it, I'd want to do it right, with some mean and proven players. Not some hopefuls from the 5th-7th rounds. Na uh.

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

dude..FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHANGE YOUR SIG..also, why wouldn't we get an OL? sure do need them..

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I could handle that, giving a big contract out like that and then in turn not signing Finny would be different. What I am saying is if we just let him walk all together, did not make any moves in free agency. then to top it off, draft a corner number one when we have more pressing needs. it would be a move that makes little sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar