Titans Want to Give Johnson More Opportunities in '09

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

^^ This man gets it

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Soxcat is right on here. This is what we need from Johnson. I think he has the potential to be a Marshall Faulk type back, at least as far as production and longevity go.

3. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

It sounds from that Dinger quote that they are looking to integrate him into the passing game more. I believe he was a receiver in College at some point at least part-time ? I think with the drafting of Ringer he could lose some of those carries like 3rd-2 or 3 yards from last year. If we want to increase someones workload it would be White give the guy the ball 400 times next season since there is a very slim chance of resigning him it just damages someone elses merchandise down the road. Well that at least is what a guy like Belichick in NE would do in this situation I bet.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe this guy should start making TEAM oriented goals rather than the "I want to do this." "I want to do that" "Me, me, me, me" approach.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be great, but after hearing his crybaby ludicrous comments about not winning ROY last year- I'm beginning to wonder about this guy being on another planet mentally.

CJ is good, but so are 2 other rookies that were drafted in the same class. Equally as good as he is.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Sounds crazy but only coming from you.

Which 2?

Matt Ryan and Desean Jackson? Or other?

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I think he means Steve Slaton, who had near identical stats to CJ.

7. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

i like the enthusiasm but i would rather CJ talk about winning a super bowl instead of MVP or another Pro Bowl selection

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't have any problem with CJ setting high expectations for himself. Last year he set out to win ROY, while he didn't, he still made the Pro Bowl. Not bad at all.

So for him to set his sights on MVP and to lead the league in rushing isn't way out there. His confidence in himself to achieve great things is a huge positive in my eyes and it benefits the whole team too.

So I don't buy his ambitious aspirations as being selfish.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Steve Slaton and Kevin Smith. I was just speaking for running-backs, not other positions.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd take Matt Forte over Kevin Smith without doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar