Titans vow to keep fighting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yes but he also didn't lead us to a winning season until his 5th full season as HC. It's still too early to even compare Munch to Fisher.

2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Yes, but his first few years, he didn't go downhill, unlike Munchak. Fisher also had to deal with moving the team to a new city. Different stadium every year. No fan support. Munchak is in a stable situation. Fisher's record to start his career was actually amazing considering the circumstances.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Fight as hard as you like....

... As long as you lose both games.

Then again, I certainly don't have to tell this team how to blow 50 minutes of good effort in the last 10.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

TJ there's a reason the focus is all on Munch. It's much more comforting to think that Munch is the sole reason for this team's struggles and that if we can just replace him with literally anybody we'll be a great team. He's got a dumb/lost-looking face and is an easy target to ridicule. It's comforting because the alternative is that we have a team that is deficient in talent and even the talented players make horrible mistakes consistently, neither of which would be an easy fix. This is how and why scapegoating happens. Munch is flawed as a head coach but as far as I'm concerned he's not even in my top 5 reasons for why this team is struggling, hell maybe not even top 10.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

We definitely need some better players. Not denying that. But again I ask, what has Munch actually DONE to warrant another year?

Also I completely disagree that the starting RB has more of an impact on a season than the HC. That's pretty absurd IMHO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And FWIW, I don't disagree that Munch gets an unfair amount of s***. I'm well aware that I (as well as many others) go overboard in my Munch hate. But none of that changes the fact that he's been a complete and utter failure and has proven NOTHING 3 years in. The dude flat out doesn't deserve a 4th year. I'm still waiting on ANYONE to provide me a valid reason why he does. And sorry, but excuses and hypotheticals aren't valid reasons in my book.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Give Munch McNair, and/or the defenses that we had, and I bet we do.

Except for a year here and there? Always competitive?

5 8-8 seasons
    6 winning seasons
    7 losing seasons

Fisher is a product of his talent, just like most coaches. Good talent, you win games. Bad talent, you lose games.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Then how do you explain sudden, drastic changes? Teams are fairly often in the upper echelon of the NFL one season and in the bottom the next (or vice versa), even with very little significant roster change.

I think we need to quit arguing coach vs. players as if it has to be one or the other. They BOTH matter. Like, a lot.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I disagree, but only from the stance that :cj: was clearly blinded by that third sack of Gold the Titans laid before the mighty midget.

Only issue would be keeping :cj: and assuring the Titans of having terruble RB play

make the little dude take a haircut and make him a situational back - like he was born too be

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

removing MM removes the abortion of a staff he has assembled over 3 seasons

that alone will be reason enough too get rid of him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar