Titans vow to keep fighting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

The Titans would still manage to buy the worst computer possible.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

We'll know for sure whether Munch should be here or not based on these final six. I mean final five. No wait I meant final four. Nevermind, forget I said that, definitely these final three will tell us everything. Nope nevermind, final two.

Yeah defenitly final two, if we finish .500 against the Jags that's a sure indication Munch should be back.

Agendas, agendas......

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

TS has said he won't make any decisions until the end of the season.

4. Matty

Matty Camp Fodder

Which in fairness is how it should be... play out the season then evaluate and take action.

I've never quite understood the appeal of firing a coach mid-season (like the Texans) it'll only ever result in the team being worse off.

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Hard to believe a decision hasn't already been made.

6. TitanJeff

Could have. He just isn't going to announce until after the season.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I understand that, my point is that these final two agianst the two worst teams in the league shouldn't hold anywhere near the weight of the previous 46 games when making a decision on whether to keep him or not.

Beating the Jags and Texans doesn't confirm that we are headed in the right direction.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Can't we all just see that this is a QB league and if you don't have a good one chances are you're going to suck? Just look around the league for god's sake the teams that are good are the ones that have good-great QBs, the rest are bottom feeders. It's been this way for years in this league. We don't have a good QB and until we do, we will suck no matter who takes the reins. Like TJ said, if we don't address the talent on the team particularly at QB we'll just want to fire the next guy. As a franchise I hope we devote all available resources to finding and acquiring a great QB. I can GUARANTEE that will solve all of our problems and people will forget about how much they hate Munch's dumb face. The problem is this is easier said than done.

10. TitanJeff

Some additional reasons Munch is likely a goner...

1. The fan base stood by the franchise during the ugly end of the Fisher years because of the few good ones. The fans were taken for granted, IMO, by this franchise and I think the message is now obviously clear to the front office the status quo won't do. They run a real risk of the Titans becoming a team like the Jags who pummeled in the eye of fans due, in part, to having the Gators being a top power and in their back yard. If the Vols were to return to becoming a national power, more money heads east.

2. Webster didn't hire Munch. I personally am not as big a fan of Webster as many here but I think it makes a difference when the coach is already in place when the GM is hired. It appears to me TS loves him some Ruston. Ruston might have some real differing opinion on the kind of coach that needs to be on the sidelines regardless of his relationship with Munch and TS might want him to have the opportunity to bring in his own guy.

3. Munch isn't TS's hire either. He was Bud's hire. Despite everyone liking Munch, I think any owner would want to put his stamp on this team and be a reason the team began the climb back to the top. It could mean he wants to blow it all up and hire a new GM as well but I think, based on his inexperience, he needs Webster as an advisor. TS instantly becomes a beloved owner if he can get fans thinking he's a reason the Titans return to greatness.

Just some speculating. Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar