Titans vow to keep fighting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I know right. I was just sitting here thinking how it's always the same old story here in Titans land. Most years it seems we show some flashes but somewhere along the way there is just a very sudden and completely inexplicable collapse. And we end up on the outside looking in. Yet rather than be furious, the fans focus on the good parts of the season and are like "Aww shucks, well maybe next year".

I know fan morale is about as bad now as it's ever been. But I'm honestly surprised it's not worse. We're looking at 5 straight years with no playoffs. And only 2 appearances in the last decade. Decade. This should NOT be acceptable. Yet everyone keeps forking over their PSL, concession, merch money and saying "thank you sir may I have another?"

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The way I see it, every team has issues and injuries, etc...The difference is, players and coaches rise to the occasion, and we all see it every year in the NFL. Munch has a team that is capable of being above .500 without question. After 3 years, you should be able to get over those hiccups and make something happen, and players (both starters and bench) should be able to rally and make things happen. (example, Minnesota this past week). I have yet to see that happen under Munch. When we win, we BARELY win or we are white knuckeled down to the last quarter or few minutes. I have also seen blown leads, and inability to make game time adjustments and decisions to close games out. As for Locker, I am not even so sure that would change anything under this staff. Maybe they get a few more wins, but lets face it, games were tight with him under center as well.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've got to hit the mall so will leave this thread with a final thought.

We'll know for sure whether Munch should be here or not after these final two games. Some of you have obviously made up your mind. I'm split because a lot of stuff being put on Munch is a byproduct of players who are either inexperienced/lacking talent to do their jobs well enough for this team to win.

Munch leaves them in, he catches heat. He pulls them out, he catches heat. It's a no win. He doesn't go for two, he's a coward. He goes for two and doesn't get it, he's an idiot.

Right now, I see a team playing hard and a coach making whatever adjustments he can to the roster to make the team better. He's coaching as if his job is on the line because it is. No, it isn't good enough but I didn't see heart in any of Fisher's final teams this late in the season.

This team with Reid, Fox or Belichick might win nine games... tops. There is simply not enough players in key positions doing enough to win more than that. Without an influx of more talent, I don't see things getting better regardless of who is coaching the Titans in '14.

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yes. Munch. And I don't disagree there are needs. Every team has needs. But to act as if we are just void of talent is wrong. This offense given a QB and just a fill in RT could and should be in the top 15 considering how invested we are.

The defense has 2 spots with average talent, plus griffin. The issue here has been run defense. But for the most part has played well enough to win games.

I don't see how you can look at the team and wonder why we havnt done more with what we have. THATS the standard I'm holding munch too. Why isn't the o line dominating? Bruce I'm looking at you.

Why is the creativity of the play calling just pathetic? Loggains I'm looking at you.

Why, if we so have found out that our CBs could play man so well, have we ever lined up 15 yards off the WRs in the past three years?? Grey... I'm looking at you.

If CJ continues to suck so damn bad... Why havnt we benched him? But we so easily have brown?? Munch, answer me bro.

Where the hell is the consistency in this team?? Munch?? Can you hear me now??

How come the special teams is the LAUGHINGSTOCK of the league? One more brilliant hire by ol Munch.

.... So no. I disagree. This is an above average talented team playing below average. I will say that the QB position is heavily to fault for that, as well as the coaches continuing to play Sir Mixalot at RB.

But at the core? At the core it's this scrub ****ing coaching staff.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I too think the "lack of talent" of this team is way overblown. We aren't the most talented for sure. But it's not as if we're completely devoid of talent either.

Let's stay in our division for a second and look at the records:
    Indy= 9-5
    Titans= 5-9
    Jagrags= 4-10
    Texans= 2-12

Now if position-to-position talent is far and away the #1 indicator of a team's success as so many here say it is, do the above records make sense to you guys? Does Indy have "4 wins worth" more talent than the Titans? Do they have "7 wins worth" more talent than the Texans?

In fact, I think most objective observers would say the Texans are the most talented team in the division. And I honestly believe we have more talent than Indy. And we certainly have more than "1 wins worth" of talent over the freaking Jagrags.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Since coaches don't really do anything besides call plays, why doesn't the league just go to computers? Technology is so sophisticated these days we could just have robots on the sideline running elaborate algorithms for each situation and sending in the best possible play-call directly to the QB/MLB.

It would save each owner millions and millions of dollars each year not having to pay all those coaches who don't do anything anyway.

BENDER FOR HEAD COACH 2014!!!!

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last year's O-Line was a huge tragedy, so what does Munchak do, he fires Alan Lowery and sends the guy half responsible for that crappy O-Line to special teams instantly turning a strength into a weakness. Anywhere Nate Kaczor goes wreaks of garbage. O-Line in 2012, and special teams in 2013. Fire him immediately.

What kind of sense does that make. You take your worst coach and use him to replace a good coach. #MunchakLogic

Then he take a RB coach and sends him to coach the TE's so he can make room for Sylvester Croom? WTF does Croom even know? Since joining us he's made most our RB's look pretty real crappy.

And I wont even bring up Chet Parlavecchio, holy hell. Talk about bad coaching. Takes 3 rising LB's and makes them invisible. There's a reason he was coaching HS kids 2 years ago.

Munchak thought it was cute to compile a staff mostly of former Oilers, well on paper thats a nice stoy, but in real life you can't coach in the NFL with all your best friends, you need people who know what they're doing.

Mike Munchak reminds me of the guy running for class president, full of false promises.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The lowry move was just plain stupidness. Why would you take a bright spot on a team trying to turn around and squash it?! The Offensive line play is just downright unacceptable, especially since that is supposed to be his specialty. Everyone talks about how this team is better, but are they really??? I mean, lets look at them statistically. 5-9, have yet to win a division game, 100 million spent with no progress, another year losing to a winless team, and as I stated before, only 1 clean win and a bunch of unable to finish losses. It is pathetic. The only thing better is the defense, and lets be honest, that is NOT due to Munchak. That is due to overachieving players, new life brought in, and mainly Gregg Williams. The offense hasn't improved at all since he has been here to be honest. I am scratching my head trying to understand people defending this guy right now, it's hilarious.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The only reason to defend Munchak is if someone knows he's coming back. Kinda prepare themselves for 2014.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar