Titans vow to keep fighting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I got a little sad today. I was thinking how just a few weeks ago, we owned the 6th seed. now were outta the discussion totally

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

A multitude of reasons.

Just like there are a multitude of reasons how teams keep the same coaching staffs, and lose certain players, and their record gets worse the following season (and vise versa)

Quick example. Detriot Lions. 10-6 one season, 4-12 the following season. Same coaches. Big change in QB play though.

I agree with you that it happens and it would be great to be one of those teams. Sure as hell would be nice to be, for example, a Chiefs fan right now.

I agree with this.

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hide the razors!!!

4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Do we sometimes overestimate the talent we have on our football team?
    Having watched every single so far this season, I have to say that the only players that really stick out are Wright, Casey and Verner, and maybe Hunter at times. The rest has potential, but is not showing much on the field.
    I also firmly believe that we do not have the coaching staff to make those players better on the field; to maximize on their potential. Best example: Bruce Matthews. On paper our O-line sounds great, on the field they are less than mediocre. How do you get one of the most promising OGs coming out of college to play like crap?
    The Titans need to move forward by upgrading the roster and getting coaches who can actually teach and develop players. Tommie Smith needs to realize this or else we will be stuck being a mediocre football team no one really cares about.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The play by play doesn't have info on personnel, formation and motions.

And if you look at ANY game in the NFL you will notice these guy have terrible tackling technique and mostly rely on just hitting really hard. Same thing at most FBS schools too.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Personally I think this years team is much better. I know wins are the knob thing that counts though. They were in every game and many of them ended in self inflicted losses (Fitz ints) I'm sure the coaching staff works with the players on tackling, ball handling etc etc etc. The "small things" that Munchak always says.. and I agree when he says they have been a play or 2 away from wins in a lot of games. I'm pretty sure the Titans are the most competetive losing team..which is like being the tallest midget in the room. But honestly, I don't know what it will take to get this team on track. The ball hasn't bounced their direction in a lot of games. Sometimes even the best players and best coaches don't get the job done. That's why you see teams go from zero to hero and visa versa.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

we were in the 6th sport for less than a week, from sun to thursday and then the ravens knocked us out lol. You didn't see this coming?

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I know people hate the whole "luck" thing but football is one of those games where it's not enough to just be good. You have to be lucky and good. Unfortunately for us we've been unlucky and mostly mediocre/sometimes good. That's won't get it done in this league.

Just look at teams like the Colts and even the Patriots. We all know that the Colts are one of the luckiest teams ever but even the Patriots have had to rely on last second drives to win games even against average opponents. The difference between us and them is that they have Tom Brady in those last minute drives and he can either win them the game or get them some BS lucky call that wins the game for them. Hell the fact that Brady is even their QB to begin with is luck anyways. Dude was drafted to be a career back up.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

When you say "excuses and hypotheticals aren't valid reasons in my book" it seems to me like your mind is pretty made up and there is no changing it. When you look at every possible reason as an excuse that isn't valid it's going to be pretty tough to see things from the other way. Like any reason we give you, no matter how valid it seems to us, you'd see it as an excuse (I hate that word).In my experience excuse is a word that people use when they want to be dismissive of someone or ironically enough as an excuse to not empathize with them.

But just for fun, I'll give you what I think is a good reason. This team will badly need help in the talent department not only from the draft but also in free agency. Munch is really good at getting free agents to come here. He got Levitre and Walker on day one and almost had Manning when we went after him.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well yes, my mind is made up. To me there are just way, way, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many reasons why he should go. That said, I'd still like to hear arguments from the other side because as I said it's just mind-blowing to me that some fans actually want him and his mediocre staff and mediocre record back for another year.

I disagree that I would automatically chalk up any reason you, TJ, or anyone else gives as "an excuse". What I meant by excuses was things like "He was a late hire", "Locker got hurt", etc. I'm just looking for actual POSITIVE things you can point to that he brings to the table rather than NEGATIVE things that have happened to him that you may feel is unlucky.

I'll give you that one (although let's not act as if Bud opening up his wallet wider than he ever has in his entire life wasn't part of the equation). And in addition to that, I've heard "his team is playing hard for him". I can't disagree with that either and IMO it's one of the few good things you can actually say about Munch. I loathed watching Fisher's teams quit on a regular basis.

So there's two valid reasons, that aren't excuses or hypotheticals, for keeping him. Can we come up with anything else? See my stance isn't that Munch doesn't have some good qualities. It's that those qualities are way too few and far between to make up for the laundry list of reasons why he should be fire.

But oh well, it's not for us to decide so we'll just have to see what happens. I had many of these same arguments with people last year. And I said back then "I'll be here next year to say I told ya so". So again, if we keep Munch I'll be here next year to say I told ya so.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar