Titans v Jets Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no the ones who, at the first sign of trouble (beginning in pre-season), start all this negative BS that is boring and tiresome.

Those who, in 2002, when the Titans were 1 and 4 jumped off the bandwagon and got straight back on soon after.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't know who's "jumping off the bandwagon", I'm not, I'm just wholehearedly disagreeing with coaching and organisational choices this franchise has made recently. I think a lot of the other people who feel bringing in Collins was a mistake feel the same way; we love the Titans but the coaches need to wake up and smell the coffee, Collins isn't the answer. Maybe halfway through the season Collins will be best QB on our roster, but he certainly isn't now.

Regarding the defence, you know some of us have never really liked Schwartz and his moneyball defence, so calling for his head (again) is hardly being fair weather fans

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The negativity, the talk of the draft already etc is being fair weather.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

there is a difference between a fair weather fan and the one who realizes KC sucks.

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

This is how I look at it.

Right now the organisation has decided that Billy Volek is not the answer and they've brought someone else in from a different scheme and he isn't fully comfortable yet. Now, if you aren't comfortable with Billy, for me, you look at what you have - in Vince Young. Throw him into the wild fire. Alex Smith blew so he can't do worse than him. He's tougher and got the extra thing with mobility so he should do better. Right now we're cutting off our nose to spite our face by not playing VY just because OTHER people say he isn't ready. He made a mistake yes, but collins didn't? What's the point in Collins? If he sucks, VY will play? Why couldn't we do that with Billy? Big mistake for me. If Aaron Brooks replaces you, you know you aren't a starter in this league.

How come Roby was on the inactives list? If he isn't injured he should be playing - he showed more than Roydell in the pre-season.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

says the one who focuses on everything negative.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Must be nice thinking everything is rosey on the team
    BTW I did mentioned on another thread that one interception wasn't Collins fault. It was the TE's fault See that was a positive..lol

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that is positive....:thumb:

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I still think Collins suck :grrhee:

I am beginning to think Chow is the problem. He gets a pass for last yr but so far I have seen no improvement over last yr :grrr:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

nah, I saw some of Collins passes, they weren't Chows fault.

And he does suck, but he is what we got for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar