Titans "unofficial" depth chart/T. Wilson released

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Shame on you for the "race card" play.

Mariani looked better than Hagan in the TC that I went to. In fact, the UDA Julian Horton looked better than Hagan. I think the coaches like having a vet journeyman in the locker room to round out the chemistry of our relatively young team. Mariani is a holdover from Fisher who hash' t had many snaps at WR. I think that is why Hagan is higher on depth chart even though Mariani appears to be performing better. Whiz kept saying that the more senior guys get listed higher on the depth chart if "all other other things are equal".

I think Mariani will make the team and will be ahead of Hagan before camp is finished. He has duplicity in the return game also. He's too valuable in that regard.

As an aside, I thought is was REALLY interesting that Taylor Thompson and Lavar Edwards were listed on the depth chart as long snappers. I'd like to know if there is really a significant difference in the quality of the snap with Beau Brinkley. I hate having an entire active spot dedicated solely to a long snapper.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I like Mariani, and he will probably make the team. But the fact he is 3rd on special teams, which is/was his strongest position is a little concerning. I would take him over Hagan. How many Wideouts do you see making the 53 man roster under Whis?

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

6 at the most IMO

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Our pass defense is going to be turrible

5. JCBRAVE

Why?

6. kenny

kenny Starter

Coach Whiz said that list really means nothing and is just a formality to meet NFL guidelines. It reflects nothing in terms of who will make the team. He said that he had to put it out so he just put the more senior guys as the starters as no one has won a spot yet. He also said that the depth chart means nothing about who is winning certain jobs, the guys should know by now where they stand in their respective competitions. The depth chart is by seniority and by no means indicates who is winning starting jobs.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like what i've seen from Brian Robiskie, right now i'd have him as my #5 WR.

Washington & Hunter start at the X and Z, then put Wright in the slot for starters. Bench of Preston and Robiskie. Carry 5 receivers, since McCluster can also play WR.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Same reason I said we should draft a corner in the first 3 rounds. Sensabaugh isn't a number one and tommie campbell should have been cut a long time ago.

9. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Not to.mention.griffin.and pollard aren't great pass cover safeties...And our linebackers will more than likey be confused due to a new playbook

10. JCBRAVE

DB's can suck when QB's only have 2.5secs to throw

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar