Titans uni fan concepts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryudo, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I find it funny that people continue to argue that dark blue uniforms = meaner = somehow better. What a simplistic way to look at things.

I guess those colorful Packers are even more impressive because they were somehow able to win games without scaring any of their opponents. Also, how are the Raiders not the best team in all of football?

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Well all the light blue does make me want to puke. Its not to different from us suiting up in all pink.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Does us having light blue uniforms have anything at all to do with the climate in TN? Light colors reflect light and keep you cooler. But then again, half the games in September we wear white.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed.

I guess I'm one of the few that likes our current uniforms. The helmet definitely sucks and needs to go though. But other than that there really isn't much that I think needs to be changed. If anything, I'd like to see light blue pants (with a dark blue stripe) rolled out as part of our main uniform.

The light blue is our most identifiable color and should be accented, not hidden IMO. Too may other teams have mostly dark blue uniforms. That's boring.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

I think it has everything to do with the fact that it's a unique, identifiable color that has been worn for almost the entirety of the franchise's existence (including, of course, all the Houston years). Love ya blue IS the Titans the same way black+yellow IS the Steelers. On hot days, the team can (and does) wear white.

There are a crapload of navy blue teams already. It's way better for the Titans to differentiate themselves. Plus, light blue looks awesome.

Whenever the Titans redesign their uniforms, I fully expect light blue to still be the focal point. Hopefully, the team goes with a light blue helmet.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how can anyone "like" the shoulder stripe?

It's one of the tackiest looks in sports..

7. TorontoTitanFan

The shoulder yoke (weird word, but that's what it's called) has grown on me. I actually really like it now and I would like to see it preserved in all Titans uniforms in the future (like how the Steelers will never get rid of their unique sleeve stripe pattern).

A lot of people think the shoulder yoke is too "90s," but such a feature actually has a long history in football uniforms. The Dallas Cowboys had a very similar shoulder stripe in the 1960s:

[​IMG]

8. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Packers had it in like the 50's

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

they had a good idea until it all got put together.

the flameless tack is more direct, recognizable branding. i don't really mind the color scheme on the helmet or the 'shield'
    but the color combinations on the unis just will not do
    in order for that to work the blades need to be either the navy or the silver
    the gold should only be used as minimal piping
    the undershirt looks ridiculous on an already ridiculous outfit

too bad. the helmet looks good, and that logo would look much better on apparel

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I know it might piss some of you off but the Jaguars new uniforms are 100 times better than our current ones...

That's not even opinion, that's fact. Ask anyone involved in design. They're way nicer to look at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar