Titans uni fan concepts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryudo, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There are documented stories of owners backing off from proposed uniform redesigns in recent years (the Redskins were going to do a black jersey and the 49ers were going to go with this monstrosity as a new logo). So, the one owner that I will name (you asked for it) is Dan Snyder, certainly one of the most money-hungry in the entire league. If he scraps plans for new uniforms because he's afraid of harming his team's long-established identity, that should tell you something.

Most owners are smart enough to realize that the few extra jerseys they will sell as a result of a redesign are worth pennies compared to the cost of diluting their team brand over the long haul.

There's a strong culture of consistent branding in the NFL and Nike won't change that. If anything, the culture is trending in the opposite direction to what you say it is right now. Teams are getting rid of their alternate jerseys (the Titans are an example of that that's close to home, but the Giants and Eagles are two other teams that have done it) and the NFL is tightening rules about that stuff.

The league takes its brands very, very seriously.

Throwbacks are the one area that is exempt from all of this. Throwbacks are all the rage right now and wearing them allows teams to earn that extra revenue without fracturing any part of their branded identity. Throwbacks aren't something that Nike can have any significant impact on, though, as the league has rules that throwback uniforms must be historically accurate (with a small amount of wiggle room).

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again, I hope you're here in a few years. :)

3. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

At least the Titans Uni's don't look like this
    [​IMG]

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I can tell you now exactly what's going to happen. In five years, probably 4 or 5 teams will be in new uniform designs. 1 or 2 of those will be pretty radical. This will not be at all different from the way it was under Reebok, but you will claim victory nonetheless.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

-whoever does whatever next.....they need to stop trying to mix Columbia Blue with Red and Navy..those Kats uni's are rough.

I respect the tradition and the LuvYaBlue movement, but c'mon ... it's over

I run up on people from time to time when I travel sporting Titan gear. just seen a guy last week in Las Vegas (a working local) and back in December in Omaha. neither one of them had it figured out. I just don't think it can be done. very few pieces can be worn together that look slick.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

if you have to wear more than one piece of Titans apparel, just put a jersey together with a hat. I rock my light blue Finny jersey when I want to rep our team...or I'll just wear a sweat shirt that I got for $3.50 because the AFC logo is missing one star.

7. Deuce Wayne

because there have been so many radical uni changes under Reebok.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I may be wrong but I would assume that uniform changes are NFL driven not individual maker whether it be Reebok or Nike.

9. Deuce Wayne

Again, Nike will influence as much as they can.

They keep talking about how excited they are about the changes. That makes me think they're not just throwing logos on some uniforms.

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar