Training Camp Titans Training Camp: Friday, August 4

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I found myself looking at the schedule today and going, "aw man, 8 more days until the Titans play."

Then I realized it's preseason football and I felt ashamed.

• LOL LOL x 4
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

I know I am probably one of a few; but I really like Pre-Season games. I get a chance to see the younger less experienced guys in actual game conditions. Yea, it's against the other scrubs players; but I still like to see it. I like seeing who is going to contribute at some point; and who is likely to be cut. Course it is all a matter of opinion, but I still like watching all the same.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Watching a team that you follow is great, but watching any other team is almost always a letdown.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Sounds like Mariota to Decker was in full effect tonight

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Just got back from the practice tonight. It was pretty packed at Centennial High School (They mentioned 6800 people showed up) I really enjoyed the set up. You could get way closer to the players than at STSP. There was just a single rope between the fans and players and you really felt like you were right there with them on the sideline. I got a ton of good pics of the players (mostly Defense since I was standing on that side of the field). They had Mike Keith on the PA announcing what drills were coming up next, and giving a doing a semi-play by play during the team drills which was kinda cool.

It did get a little hard to see what was going on just because there were so many people though.

A couple of quick things I noticed in practice:

Decker and Taylor seemed to be making most of the plays at WR. Both caught several passes from MM. Although I think Taylor did have a drop. Both had some endzone catches as well. Also saw Delani with a nice catch during team drills.

OL and DL were competitive. At the end of practice they did Oklahoma drill. It was hard to see cause the entire team was huddled around watching it, but Taylor Lewan destroyed Orakpo to start off. Klug got the best of Spain and the offense won overall.

Great practice overall. MM came over and signed a ton of autographs so I was able to get some up close pics of him too.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Taylor will have drops. All WRs will. However, we got two really good WRs in the draft in he and Davis.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

i live in charlotte right next to the Panthers stadium and they had a fan fest last night. They opened up the stadium and had around 60000 ppl in attendance. They did a light show and fireworks after. Do we do anything like that?

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Man we should....I live near the Eagles stadiums, and on the first day of practice, they had almost 30k people...Ridiculous. We have like 6800 and people are wowed hahaha. Still love the Titans though.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The Titans have had one practice per year in the stadium for the last 5 years or so. No light shows or fireworks though that I remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar