Breaking News Titans trade for WR Robert Woods

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Mar 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

What's not to get?

Who's been Tom Brady's best receiver? Randy Moss? Guess how many rings he has... zero. Wes Welker... zero. Who has he won rings with? Edelman, Deion Branch, David Givens, and Troy Brown. Not exactly game breakers. Mike Evans is elite, but Evans didn't even make the Pro Bowl that year and had 1 catch in the SB. He makes $16M per year. That team also had Antonio Brown and Chris Godwin. Not too shabby. That's called part of a TEAM.

How about Calvin Johnson? T.O.?... zero. zero. Jerry Rice has a few but he played with two HOF QBs. Julio Jones and Davante Adams had future HOF QBs... zero and zero. Kuddos to Tyreek Hill for winning a ring, he was making $18M but that guy Mahomes is pretty special.

Wide Receivers don't win Super Bowls. Again, I love AJ, but you think he's worth 10% of the salary cap? We are already paying the QB, RB, and both OLBs. LT (whomever it is moving forward) deserves a large chunk. You also need at least 3 decent WRs, you want to pay 10% to just one? Not a sound strategy. How are you going to field a competitive team?

I'm not dreaming that he's going to give us a deal. I literally said I'll be happy for him when some team over pays him. I just hope it isn't us. I'm happy for Corey Davis but I'm glad it wasn't us paying him.

Who knows... Maybe I'm wrong and the Raiders and Dolphins both win Super Bowls. But I doubt it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Admission goes up because salaries are increasing don't they?

3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yeah actually it ****en snowed yesterday lmao

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Carp

Carp Starter

They've been outrageous even before salaries started to balloon.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

he's still the face of the franchise

AJ is a nobody outside of TN

AJ hasn't taken over games like Henry.. good games? yes.. winning games single handedly? no

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Henry means more to this team than Brown... Brown will be around longer but Henry is the heart not Brown...yes both are replaceable but I doubt defences are worried about Brown like they are with Henry

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

I'd say sign aj to a large contract cuz we are about to have a decade long streak of busted / washed QBs so well save a lot of money

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Oof. I’d be a shame if someone posted the Titans record before and after the injury as well as offensive statistics. It’d be a damn shame.

9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Unfortunately this is true. AJ can be lights out and one of the top 5 WRs but this is a team built on Henry. Everyone outside TN knows king Henry and when he's beasting he's unstoppable. It sucks that young WRs like DK, Jefferson, CeeDee, JaMarr, Deebo etc are all recognized by casual fans but AJ isn't. Maybe it's because Tammy doesn't target him enough

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

AJ Brown is absolutely recognized by other teams fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar