Titans trade for Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Another thing besides his inconsistency and injury/pocket issues....He’s inaccurate far too often for a #2 pick. I’d say the same thing for Winston as well....

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Do we know that?

Mary is already a wealthy guy, money may not be his motivation. Then again maybe it is, IDK.

But QB's are grossly overpaid, he knows hes fine either way.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The market keeps climbing man. He will easily get 30-35 million or more per his agent. That’s a big weight on our cap. Could keep Tannehill, ride a rookie early pick and spread the love elsewhere and possibly get similar or better production and availability. Unless he steps up this year....

4. JCBRAVE

Man listen, I have an eye on this kind of stuff, and there is NO MFing way Mary's agent gets him $30M/yr next season.

Hes a middle of the pack QB, those guys re-sign for $10M-20M, but since he is young and still has some upside he could get 25 IMO

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey you could be right, but let’s say he tosses under 15 Td’s and has similar pedestrian numbers. You wanna pay him 25 mill? Does it even matter at that point if he can’t produce or stay healthy?

6. JCBRAVE

Mary does well enough between the 20's that Im willing to overlook what he does and doesn't do in the redzone for now

Like I told you the other day, Im looking on the bright side, summer is very long if you hate your QB..

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Hey I’m fine with that. I genuinely want him to do well and hope he crushes it. I’ll eat crow all day and be happy with it if he turns the corner. I’m just beat down with bs the last 4 years and over it. This franchise deserves playoff runs...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

Its been 5 months since Mr Tingles peed in my cheerios, Ive had time to get over it. But I fully get where youre coming from.. Very frustrating player to support at times.

But we've survived Jake Locker, Rusty Smith, Matt Cassel, and Blaine Gabbert. Next to those guys Mary is the prettiest turd youll ever poop out.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't follow the Dolphins closely enough to know how good or bad their OL has been during his career, but he's been inconsistent most of his career. Is that due to wrs, ol, etc? I don't know. We're gonna find out because they are on the same team and hopefully we've fixed the OL enough that they both get a clean pocket.

There are a lot of variables to qb play...but the best thing to do is watch a lot of film to see what's going on. I don't get excited seeing a highlight play that was lucky to have a positive benefit when most of the time, it's a negative.

Don't get overly concerned with cheery picking a particular stat over another. One thing that concerns me about Tannehill is that his QBR has been below avg for most of his career which - considering his higher qb rating...likely means more of his stats are happening in garbage time. That's a guess. But it's not encouraging...just like Mariota throwing 11 TD's is not encouraging.

However, they are both Titans right now, so let's hope for them both to play their best!!!

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I disagree (not in the sense that a BIG payday is a problem at his current production level/consistency/health) only because even if we had him for $15mil a year for the next 5 years, we are gonna want/expect improvement. Own goal is to win a SB, not just make the playoffs. He needs to more consistently bring his A-game and stay healthy.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar