Titans trade for Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

There’s a bigger picture here. The Mariota vs. Gabbert debate has been going on a while. That’s a problem. I’m not a Mariota hater, but I am being realistic in my evaluation of his play while he’s been a Titan. Nothing suggests he will turn into a franchise QB this season. I wish he would, but chances are slim. The truth is, we have two average at best NFL QBs on the roster. That is better than what we did have, but let’s not pretend either of them are long term answers.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'd love nothing more than for Mariota to work out.

I am still not convinced he will. I think there are things that should have been fixed by now that havent been. I even acknowledge the surrounding factors that have hampered and hurt his progression.

Straight up about injuries.. ...an injury and missing a few games and I 100% believe we will move on and I wouldnt blame them at all.

I was also concerned about moving on too quick but hes entering year 5...its time to see some of the things that should have been fixed already, to be fixed.

I believe he still has a high ceiling, but I question whether he can actually reach it.

Some of these "haters" are level headed and have good points.

Others, you just have to ignore. Itll make your life a lot easier.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’ve said numerous times on here I want him to succeed...I’ve also said he needed more competition behind him. I was behind him without criticism for years before I started, and trust me, it’s warranted. It’s ridiculous that he can’t be criticized while being constantly injured and putting up subpar numbers. The real haters here are the Mariota loves that can’t take the warranted and deserved criticism...Cjthebeast hanging his head on the bar crying that his boy is running out of excuses and actually has competition and on the hot seat. That’s reality.

4. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

This thread looks fun...

...immediately leaves.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

by page 12 everyone immediately went full retard. Tannehill is a good QB2 who can be insurance, and run wildcat packages. Marcus will be the starter, play well, and we will go 11-5 this year and have a playoff run.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Just a reminder, debating is fine but leave the personal jabs out. The Mariota conversation as we all know is a hot topic. If you find yourself banging your head against the wall with certain members :wall: and letting it get to that point, i highly recommend the ignore option which is free of charge.

7. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

Probably a ton of posts on here that I don't see because of that feature.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 4
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wildcat QB had more passing TDs than the precious Flota.

Sig saved

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

520 has been a hater since before we even drafted him. He cherry picks stats or makes stuff up to bash him. A lot of people follow/echo those sentiments and constantly pointing out mistruths is time consuming and since it goes around and around...not worth my time.

There is a difference between being a hater who bashes him no matter what and someone who is disappointed with where he’s at or has lost hope of him being our franchise qb long term.

I have not been a part of the gabbert Mariota debate but I don’t understand it beyond the avg misguided nfl fan who always longs for the backup qb until they actually get him. 10mins later they want the starter back. Was anyone watching our last game thinking yes...we have Gabbert over Mariota so we’re going to the playoffs? If that was you...please stand up and be counted.

Or someone give me the short version of how they think Gabbert is as good as Mariota? Or better?

The fact is that the difference between top tier qb’s and backups comes down to a few factors and usually the most important factors are ceiling and consistency. Mariota has the ceiling but not the consistency yet. If he doesn’t find it soon he won’t get too many chances in the league.

Gabbert doesn’t have the ceiling nor the consistency to be a starter and his lack of consistency even for a backup won’t let him stay in the league too long unless he improves.

We will know soon enough whether we’ll have Mariota long term, Tanny long term, Tanny as a bridge and mortgaging the house to draft another ‘franchise’ prospect.

Let’s hope we have the roster to make the playoffs and give us a chance at something big this year. By the end of the season (or earlier) we’ll KNOW what’s up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar