Titans trade for Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Can I just point out that the fact that you guys are arguing over whether Mariota is better than a backup QB, to any rational person, should prove that he is not and will never be a franchise QB. Franchise QBs are compared to the top QBs of the era, not their own backups.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Wake me when we have Mahomes.

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Congrats for finding the one form of stat that suits you.

Cling to that.

It'll definitely pan out.

4. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

This is a GREAT pickup.

I have always liked Tannehill and thought he could have been one of the better QBs in league if not for injuries. While I think Mariota has more talent, Tannehill performs better regularly, more consistently.

My biggest frustration with Mariota is not necessarily that he is injury prone, but that he doesn't seem to be able to play through injuries like most QBs do. Any little boo boo and he is out. Also, he is infuriatingly inconsistent. He will show flashes, have a great game and then crap the bed for 2 games.

If I am JRob/Vrabel, I start Tannehill. I feel he gives the Titans the best chance to CONSISTENTLY play well and if he gets hurt, Mariota is a fantastic backup, who is good for only a few good games a year, so maybe its the perfect situation.

Tannehill with the weapons we have (Davis, Walker, Lewis and Humph) will throw for 4000 yards/20+ TDs easily.

5. Deuce Wayne

Two things:

1. Welcome to the forums.
    2. It's 2019. We stopped using the r-word 10 years ago.

If anyone gives you any problems, notify a moderator. Have fun!

• Boring Boring x 3
  6. Deuce Wayne

Man.

I love the negative reactions my posts get here. I hope nothing changes with the forum so we can up this later.

If you're still THAT committed to Marcus effing Mariota, you've got some personal crush issues. Dude is trash.

I tell y'all this time and time again... you're being too loyal to a trash player. Takes y'all years, literally, to finally understand it.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I wouldn't crown Tanny the starter by any means, but I'd damn well like to see a fairly open camp competition and preseason. I'll be interested to see what each does with their chances .

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Those LINKS tho?

9. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Now we got tanniehill do we still draft a qb this year in like round 2-3? Do I want us to extend tannihill and be the starter after this year if Marcus flops. Not really.

10. 8Bruce8

8Bruce8 Starter

Also is Mariotas recovery gonna be still happening in week 1 since we signed a higher class of "back-up qb" than we're used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar