Titans trade for Tannehill

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

No he ****ing didn’t.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you're just going to use raw numbers like you did, then yeah, he did.

A higher YPA, 1 TD to 0 for Mariota, a higher passer rating. Mariota had him bested in completion %. That was literally it.

3. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

He completed 4 less passes on 4 less attempts, dude, and played longer than Mariota in the game. Mariota didn’t have a TD pass because Mariota got them down to the goal line for Henry to run it in. Not to mention the 3 passes Gabbert threw that should’ve been picked. I was using those stats to dispute the claim by abc that Mariota had a bad game before he left with the injury. I wasn’t using them to show that Mariota was better. They were pretty even, but the offense was moving the ball pretty well before Gabbert got in there (WAS won TOP because our defense couldn’t keep Josh Johnson off the field.) Gabbert was shut out until the end of the game.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's fine.

You used them to show that Mariota was playing well.

I showed you how Gabbert's numbers were better.

Isn't is safe to assume, by the precedent set by you, that Gabbert then played better?

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

Is that true? Wouldn't Tannehill have to actually perform well to count towards the comp picks? If he rides the pine all season, then we let him walk, I don't think we get anything.

6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You are nitpicking in order to prove that our starting #2 overall QB is better than a career mediocre/average backup. It's sad, and it's exactly why he needs competition.

• Boring Boring x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not exactly. Comp picks are first based on how many free agents you pick up versus lose...but not all free agents are the same.

There is a 'secret' formula for determining the worth of the player. It is based on his new contract (signed with new team after he leaves your team) but also on playing time and post season play. No one really knows what the exact formula is but if he rides the pine the whole season but then signs a big contract...we could get a comp pick.

8. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

No.

9. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

If you actually think Gabbert and Mariota are comparable, you probably have an extra chromosome.

Oh, and you’re accusing me of “nitpicking”. That’s rich.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Tannehil has been a 'career mediocre/average backup???'

He's been a fulltime starter for 6 years and has only missed games due to injury I believe. So you're calling full time starters career backups now?

Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar