Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Derrick Henry first 7 games last year:
    161 carries for 775 yards 4.8 YPC

First 7 games this year::
    191 carries for 869 yards 4.5 YPC

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

:popcorn:Trumpcakes pissing on a Russian prostitute in here? Just checking. :slap:

3. Carp

Carp Starter

LOL, So you want to use season stats for one player but then partial season average stats for the other.

LMAO. You're cherry picking is too much. If you want to go that route, Jonnu left early this past week due to injury too. Either way, he still leads Firkser in literally every category by decent margin. And again, I never said he was worthy of the contract. But you're either blind or dumb if you think our offense wasn't better with him in it.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

What? Lol you don’t want me to use per game stats for Henry’s first 7 weeks last year because it will destroy your argument even more. But sure let’s play that game

Henry first 7 games last year:
    110.7 yards per game 4.8 YPC

Henry this year:
    124.1 yards per game 4.5 YPC

Doesn’t matter how you slice it, that’s how math works! LMAO

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Smith has not come close to earning his pay check in NE. Not sure if that is all his fault but comparing him to Firkser who completely missed 2 games (Jannu yet to miss any) is silly and how about Pruitt with 8 catches in 5 games? Not saying Jannu wasn't a loss to the team but not even close to being worth what he is getting paid. The Titans were absolutely correct in letting him walk.

Best case scenario might be a guy as good as Firkser at catching and running routes but who can also block better than any TE on our roster. Jannu really wasn't great at either part of the game to be honest. Great after the catch maybe.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

So less YPC than last year through the same amount of time? He's on pace for 463 carries, which is insane, but whatever. Assuming the carries /game stay stay close to what they are now, he'll need to average 144 ypg the rest of the way just to get close to the 5.0 ypc that he has averaged the last 3 seasons. Even last year, which was by far his best season to date, he only averaged 139 ypg the final 9 games.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He always heats up toward the end of the year. You new here?

8. Carp

Carp Starter

And at his current rate, it would take him rushing for more yards in a 9 game span than he ever has before, just to reach the season ypc average of his last 3 seasons combined.

By any measure, our offense is down from last year.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

But that doesn’t mean he can’t do it lol. With all of the injuries we’ve had on offense I’m not willing to count that out yet. Keep doubting!

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Are we arguing over historical rushing seasons now? Lawd have mercy on my soul. Thought it was more about good to average TE…. Did not someone post Henry had more yards after contact than any other RB had yds a week or two ago? Shut it down fellas! We’re 5/2 and just reamed 2 enemies we’ll likely see in the future. Y’all giving me a Me Too headache!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar