Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Injuries..

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Art to Vrabel, before trade: "I know something that you dont know!"

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Only thing holding is us back from potentially being the best offense in the league is Tannehill's terrible chemistry with Julio. He's on the money with AJ but constantly off target with Julio.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think Julio is 100%. Maybe a step slow because of the hammy still. He is so good he can still make some plays but the best is yet to come IMO. Tannehill's chemistry is fine with other WRs he hasn't played with before like Reynolds, Johnson and Rogers.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Carp

Carp Starter

Julio doesn't seem 100%. I think the announcers even mentioned that. But his presence alone opens up the field for everything else. And he's clearly still healthy enough to still be a weapon.3

I'm more concerned that we haven't got Firkser involved more. After his play last season, I was sure that he would be of a focal point on offense, but he's only seen 15 targets in the 5 games that he has suited up. 9 of those targets came against NY and Jacksonville with Julio and AJ being out.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I thought I was being real cute taking firkser with the last pick in most of my fantasy leagues. It turned out to be not so cute lol

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Yeah. I don't do fantasy football, but I obviously follow football. Buddy of mine is the complete opposite. We grab dinner early September and he gives me his phone and has me draft his team.

Last round, I tell him that the Tits throw to the TE a ton and we let Jonnu walk. Asked if he was cool taking Firkser as a flyer. Yup.

Nope.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Julio is seeing less than 50% of our snaps. He's clearly on a count each game, and therefore isnt at 100% fitness.

Firkser has been non-existent. So many thought he would benefit from the other weapons.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Jonnu wasn’t a very big part of our offense outside of the first 4 weeks of the year.

He’s barely doing anything in NE either. Especially for that payday he got.

Our offense is coming around. Downing is doing a lot of different things than Art did and we are seeing the adjustment period for the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Jonnu reminds me of jared cook all the physical tools but just never puts it all together.

Sidenote I always wondered why we didnt give jonnu more handoffs. When we did he seemed to do well

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar