Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Despite my criticism, I do think Tannehill is a top 10 QB and have faith in him as our guy moving forward. I already know he’s going to put up good numbers in the regular season but he’s been non-existent in the playoffs so far when we needed him. Teams are going to put 8-9 in the box again in the playoffs, so hopefully this postseason, Tannehill steps up and takes his game to the next level.

He’s a very underrated athlete (I think some people forget he started off as a wide receiver in college), I would like to see the staff get more creative and use him on the run more especially after what he did against the Colts.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I don’t think it’s fair to judge him based on what is a very small sample. Just 4 games. Tannehill can’t control the plays called. I think it was more of the game plan than his ability in the post season. When he has thrown the ball in the 2 games he was allowed to his completion rate was very high. I think it’s more on the coaching staff and them riding Henry to control the clock than Tannehills lack of ability.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I love Tannehill and think he is a a top 10 quarterback and wouldn't trade him. But I can't see the #2 rated thing.

He is 23rd in completion percentage. He is 20th in yards per attempt. He is 23rd in rating. And he is 14th in QBR.

Stats aren't everything and I don't blame him for the interceptions, but he's given up 3 strip sacks. And everybody watching the game saw them coming. I know that PFF ratings are kind of abstract, but there is no way you can argue that he has been 2nd best with dudes like Stafford and Bridgewater playing flawless ball.

That has to be from like a year old meme or something.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Agree, can someone please explain how PFF grades other than stats?

NFL QB Position Grades | PFF

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

They apparently place a lot of value on his running and run blocking.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Young54

Young54 Starter

I respectfully disagree. Don't try to get creative and don't call more planned runs. Bootleg him every once in a while, let him get creative if needed, and I'll take some read options on goal line and short-yardage situations. Please no more. Not worth added risk.

Also, I feel like no one forgets he used to be a WR. It gets brought up pretty regularly.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe we'll see Tannehill split out wide and direct snap to Henry inside the 5?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Starting to panic over Julio.. I just think injuries are going to slow him down all season.

9. Carp

Carp Starter

Panic over what? Julio is leading the team in Rec yards and yards per reception, despite missing 2.5 games. He's been productive when he's been healthy. Last night's circus catch seems proof that he's still plenty capable of amazing plays.

I think people expecting him to come over and post consistent 100+ yard games just weren't being realistic. That isn't our offense. He'll have his big games over the season, but I doubt he or AJ tops 1100 yards receiving.

It also doesn't help that our OL has been either injured or just playing terrible at pass blocking all year. Tanne has been running for his life half the time.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

I think one reason the passing game is struggling is the loss of Jonnu. He was money over the middle of the field and was a strong blocker. We really need to find his replacement next year in the draft. Trey McBride is my favorite here. He has a nastiness as a blocker you love to see. And he's shown to be very athletic in the passing game.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar