Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Bowen and Vrabel love that off coverage. Every DB is behind the first down marker.

Some things never change.

#441 wrench248, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

How do you know this? You know him personally or something?

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Whatever, they just didn't win their 1 on 1 matchups like Vrabel said

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

how can you win a matchup when the guy has the ball before you even react

they aren't even playing "man" they are playing "wait and try to tackle"

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

It's like Vrabel said....he wants continuity and this is the result. A repeat of a horrible defensive play calling. You can't expect players to do well in poor game planning and preparation.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. William Wei

William Wei Special Teams Standout

That is a bad play call in the sense that, with that pre-snap read, there is no possible coverage in the world where Deandre Hopkins can be stopped from getting at least 3 to 5 yards on that play.

Even if that were a fake blitz and everyone dropped into coverage, you would have a linebacker underneath that is showing blitz trying to run back in coverage against an elite NFL wide receiver... why would you ever run this on a 2nd and 5?

I can see it being viable on a 3rd and 10 (assuming the defender makes the tackle immediately) but then any call is a good call on 3rd and 10.

Smart QBs and Wideouts will know exactly what to do and I don't see how this works against good teams, ever.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yeah Byard at the very least should be in the box so he can close the gap quicker on Hopkins.

My guess is that they were trying to trick Kyler into thinking it’s cover 1 and then we bring the zero blitz. Obviously see how that played out.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I was mocking Vrabel. The play sucked.

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

Because he was asked specifically about Julio and about the penalty. I'm not the biggest fan of how Vrabel handles things, but respect to the coach for calling out his high-profile player when the player deserves to be called out. That was a dumb-sh*t penalty by someone who knows better. This should set an example for everyone else on the team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Young54

Young54 Starter

Woof. My problem isn't even necessarily with the DC making this call. Coaches can overthink/outcoach themselves sometimes. Bad calls happen. The crazy part is other people HEARD the call! That means Haslett, Schwartz, AND Vrabel heard the play and went "yea... good idea!". Our "defensive-minded" HC has the final word on play calling. He's said that before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar