Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Sure, they might mention his cap hit. But they will not talk about him being one of the top five QBs in salary…because they look at average over contract when they do that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lol… I am talking about ONE season. Next year. I’m also not talking about what the media will say about this lol. Just simply posting factual information about the restructure.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

$9.3 million before draft picks are taken out. So more like $5 million in cap space.

Harold Landry, Jayon Brown, Rashaan Evans, Nate Davis, Ben Jones are all FA’s. That’s 6 starters right there. Doesn’t mention guys like Firkser who will see more playing time this year and could be key contributors.

Plus there is already talk of Julio potentially wanting a new deal if he balls out this season. I’m sure AJB will want a new deal next offseason too.

Im not saying the sky is falling but to totally ignore it would be silly.

Either a lot of guys are going to not be re signed or we are going to cut a lot of guys to make room. Regardless there’s a very good chance there’s a lot of turnover again in 2022. That’s all I’m saying. Tannehill’s restructure helps us massively this year but not so much next season. Which I think is why JRob didn’t want to do the restructure just to create room. Had to be for a specific addition and we got that in Julio.

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Is 2 pages necessary regarding Tanny's cap hit in a Julio Jones trade thread? Y'all making my eyes bleed.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  5. Tricky

Tricky Starter

:deadhorse:

6. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Aren’t all our draft picks signed? The 9 mill in space includes the draft picks I am pretty sure. And those it might not include, will simply replace people making pretty much what the draft picks will make.

But I think you are definitely right about there being some significant roster turn over next year.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Draft picks for 2022. Gotta allocate money for those picks.

8. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Let’s let JRob worry about that and let’s talk about this season not next.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

caps jumping up over 20 mil next season. We will be fine.

10. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Ah, got it. The nine mill plus the increase of 26 mill in the cap will help. But as you point out, Tannehill takes up a lot of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar