Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Cash doesn't mean ****. Cap space does. You're just cya and switching arguments.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Hes top 5 in both…. Holy ****. I even posted the graphic to show y’all and instead of looking at it y’all keeping talking out your ass

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Can you imagine how great a ventriloquist would be if he could actually talk out of his a$$.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Does it matter? We got what we needed (hopefully). Yes, next season Tannehill will have a huge cap hit, but then it drops drastically after that, which is perfect IMO. It also aligns with the cap jumping up pretty damned big after this season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I’d pay for that

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

All I did was say he’s being paid as a top 5 QB next year and people lost their minds. I can’t control that. People wanted to argue the information. I am not upset about the deal whatsoever.

7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

OK, if that is the case then this year he will be one of the lowest paid QBs. No NFL outlet would ever talk about him being the fifth highest paid QB, as they look at average per year. If you want to, OK. But at the of the day his restructuring gives him no more total money than he had before.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Next year you will definitely see people mention Tannehill cap hit being top 5.

But that being said, it’s what we had to do to make this trade happen and I’m 100% ok with that. Just hope we don’t have to gut the roster next season as a result.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

we won’t have to gut the roster…we currently are 9.3 mil under the cap with most of our core guys under contract and can find more cap space with a few restructures or cuts…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar