Titans trade for Julio Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Jun 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

seriously, if we didnt know anything about the trade talks, Julio stays in Atlanta. Next season he has a 1k+ season, then it comes out that we could have had him for a 2nd and a 4th, people would be going into riot mode.

You can't not take the chance for a 2nd and 4th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Not sure Tannehill is "getting up there" he's 32
    5 more years?
    Adding Jones helps Firkser as well

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Brady is 43 and winning Super Bowls. That whole up there in age thing is bunk

4. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Outside of an injury, I find the likelihood of this turning into a Moss situation fairly slim:
    - Moss was traded for a few games into the season, so he had no time to get integrated with the team;
    - Moss had effectively quit caring by that point;
    - Jeff Fisher was the coach

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Brady is the Frank Gore of QB's. Can't really compare anyone else to him as far as longevity.

But expecting another 5 years of prime Tannehill is very reasonable.

6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

lol yeah I didn't mean to compare the two that wasn't my original point but you are right- very different circumstances in that regard

7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeahhh , ill give you that. I guess I am going off the elite. The elite will age like a fine wine ala Brady and Rodgers and the higher they get doesn't really matter - they are still going to win. Tanny is in the very, very good category not elite so I guess I am basing it off a few more very solid years left in him - anything after 2023 and beyond is gravy.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. 615nick

615nick Starter

I think Josh Reynolds and firk have good years this year. You just can't focus on anything else when you have Jones, brown and Henry all on the field. Add to this that our wrs and tes are all bigger guys that can block, it's going to be almost impossible to stop Henry. I'm very excited for this year.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

The offense did a nosedive when he took over. I doubt he was solely responsible, but his one and only gig was pretty ugly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar