Titans to Try Turf Parking Lot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sunshine, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'd rather my tax dollars go towards something I can enjoy rather than paying for the mayor's lunch with local hi-rise developers...

2. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

isnt their enough "wildlife" on broadway?

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Urban planners should be forcibly re-educated.

This is a waste of money.

From an environmental perspective, is letting all the nasty stuff from cars drip on to the soil really preferable to letting it pool on top of a paved surface?
    I suppose it all hits the river anyway.

It seems the latest generation of urban dwellers forgot why we paved the roads in the first place. Rain.

But just like those who whine about processed foods without understanding the history of food, there will be those who long for an imaginary status quo ante.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Paved surfaces are porous and surface liners break down pretty quickly and all that stuff goes into the soil anyways..

Please educate us.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Boo to all you carnivores!

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

You've never explained why you think it's bad to kill animals for their meat, but it's OK to kill them for their fur.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Because they look better then they taste?

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It looks nice. I remember seeing some of you dudes hanging out in what looked like a junkyard before. And When I saw that picture, I had no incentive whatsoever to go to a game there. But this picture looks much nicer. I'm not a big fan of turf tho'. Grass and water could really work. Baltimore O's did a great job with their harbor front stadium, and I hope you can get the same vibe.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ha! Yeah the scrapyard.. That place has been the topic of discussion time and time again. It's more than an eyesore to the stadium but to the entire city of Nashville, which looks fairly decent from most other vantagepoints. Technically it's just a small nook in a tiny corner of town but it just happens to be conveniently located close to the stadium for parking.. It needs to go.
    I've been to Camden Yard.. Magnificent..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar