Titans to Possibly Suspend Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I think Pac lying about his flu like symptoms that got him the pass to leave practice early, then ends up in a nightclub really got Fish ticked off.

Remember how Fish was so upset after Billy left and Fisher said "Billy flat out lied" in his press conference? I've never seen Jeff so angry. I know that Fisher is tired of all the off the field situations that Pac continues to put himself in, but Fisher is loyal to his players and expects loyalty in return and Pac had ruined that IMO....

With that being said, if Pac is suspended for a game (or more) we will be able to tell the difference. Pac is a playmaker, he has great talent. Too bad he can't take a grow up pill.

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Oh my god... Stop all the "he has to stop getting in trouble" yapping. You want the players to be role models, but they aren't. And it does not start with the off field attitudes. It start with the on field drug abuse. The League has ignored (and silently accepted) this for way too long. The punishment for a drug abuse is a warning the first time and a pathetic 4 days suspension the second time. Woow, this is really scary, huh?
    In most other sports it's 2 years suspension from any sport the first time and lifetime ban the second. That means you can't go to CFL if you get banned in NFL.
    But, it's still ignored, like the players off field issues. And why? - MONEY MONEY MONEY! Problems = media attention = money. Money talks, money owns.

In this case... I don't think he spit her, it was just a mistimed French kiss. Either that, or it's (yet another) gold digger.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

LenDale had credible witnessess (team-mates) to verify he did indeed spit on a team-mate. There are conflicting accounts with "witnesses" to verify whether or not Pac did.

It is completely asinine and reeks of lynch mob mentality to support any punitive action until due process has been served. (Reynolds plead guilty and had an ex-wife with bruises).

For all I know, Pac accidently sneezed on the girl (from his doctor verified flu) and she confabulated the rest of the story. Point is, once again allegations have arisen from persons with low credibility. If Pac would quit hanging in spots with persons of questionable character, we would hear any of this BS.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Forget about the stupidity on the dance floor in the middle of the week.

Just the fact that he begged out of practice earlier that day, yet he was seen out and about town that night is enough to "yap" about his behavior and judgment.

He got caught, and this is the NFL, not high school.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I have not seen one report that Reynolds put bruises on his wife. If you have a link, please post it or stop embellishing.

Fisher said he was waiting until today to get all the facts before handing out punishment, so there isn't a lynch mob mentality, at least at BSP. You ignore the fact that this is the second time it has happened this year, and both times he has missed practice. It seems the only person at these clubs that has questionable character is Pacman. After a game I don't care if he gets falling down drunk, but during the week when you are preparing for a game, it's inexcusable for these kinds of actions. How do you think it looks to the rest of the team for someone to miss practice because they were out drinking? This team is still looking for identity, and just showing signs of coming together. Incidents like this (Reynolds and Pac) can only be distracting and problematic for a team that is fragile already. Just when we are showing signs of life this happens. I hope they can overcome it Sunday.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Just how old is Mrs John Wayne Bobbitt?

7. Guig

Guig Starter

Why does the NFL give eejits like this so many chances just because they have a bit of sporting ability? Look at Lawrence Phillips ... a pathetic excuse for a man who has done nothing but bad for his whole life and how many teams still took him on because he could run a bit.

In any other walk of life these twats would get a kick in the arse and fired. For an organisation (the NFL in general) that witters on about morals and "family values" so much they really fail miserably when push comes to shove.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

"She told police her husband threw the phone against the living room wall, destroying the phone, and punched a small hole in the wall. She followed him outside, where he shoved her with both hands, causing her to fall against a wall."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15403486/

This should clarify my use of the term "bruises". It was an inference and inaccurate to post. Thanks for pointing that out. We can all be guilty of that at times.

I can't find a reference that supports he missed practice because he was out drinking.

Additionally, you and others seem to disregard "due process" in Pac's case. It doesn't matter if he has 1000 allegations against him this year, what matters punitively is how many times "due process" proves the allegations to be true. No charges thus far seem to have stuck when "duly processed".

I agree completely that Pac repeatedly puts himself in positions to be extorted and that in itself continues to create distractions. But honestly, how do you propose an equitable way tell him how to behave with his personal life?

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Get your facts straight. The incident happened Thursday morning a 1 am, the same day he later was sent to the doctor and from there in his bed. It's reported by the Tennessean.
    It's only Bongo, who still believes what you say.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar