Titans to Play Ravens in AFC Divisional Playoff Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With a convincing 27-9 win over the Dolphins, the Ravens will travel to Nashville next Saturday to face the Titans in the AFC Divisional Playoffs. In October, Kerry Collins produced an 80-yard, 11-play drive in the fourth quarter which resulted in a 13-10 Tennessee win in Baltimore. Both Collins and Raven's QB Joe Flacco had two INTs in the game. The Titans struggled in that game to run the football with rookie Chris Johnson only gaining 44 yards on 18 carries. The Ravens Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McClain combined for 115 rushing yards. The playoff game will be on Jan 10 at 3:30 at LP Field.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

well the 44 yards by CJ in the last game will be more this time around. i think Lendale will probably hit the 44 yards with CJ rushing for about 89 yards.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

They had better be or it could be a long afternoon.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm glad to see the Ravens come in here. I think the Titans defense will shut them down and, as long as the Titans can take care of the football, will pull away late in this game. I don't understand why anyone would be more concerned about this team than the Steelers who has beaten them twice and the Titans man-handed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Agreed Jeff, I think the media has our own fans brainwashed into thinking we are a bad team???? We are the best team in the NFL. Best Record, Best Overall team. Like Bongo would say....GET ON THE BUS or get RUN OVER

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Titans fans need to watch some game highlights when the Giants hung 207 rushing yards on the Ravens mainly going between the tackles. Or the 271 yards and three TDs the Colts threw on them.

As long as the Titan take care of the football (and keep Finnegan's head level), they'll win.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

This is absolutely the key to the game. I am not concerned about the Ravens coming in and running up the score. Its their D...very opportunistic and our WR's have GOT to stay on their routes and complete them. Don't pull up, cut them short or whatever.

I think they blitz us like crazy and try to force Kerry to throw quickly like Pennington was doing.

We play our game and we can win this game...though there will be much gnashing of teeth and renting of flesh on the field Saturday.

And a few cheap shots by Suggs...as normal.

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

The Finnegan factor was key in the last game. So was getting The Blue hen to run out of the pocket and throw picks. Our receivers best step up and have a game, or the LOS will be stacked against Smash and Dash.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I pray that JMAC got some hands for Christmas.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Or that he kept the ones he used against the Steelers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar