Titans to pick 8th in 2011 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by yanek27, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That was a crapload of pure jibberish.

You faulted the guy for a linebacker making an insane pass deflection?? Seriously?

He's ACCURATE. Call it a game manager if you will. I'll take a Tom Brady on my team any day. And yes... he's a 6 yard pass MACHINE game-manager.

2. 24

24 Starter

That botched snap at the end of the game? Bumped us up 7 spots in the draft. I'd say worth it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Any chance that Patrick Peterson or Akumakara drop to #8?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9DLIk_2JK4

This is what I always remember him for. Poor guy.

4. 24

24 Starter

Doubt it. These are two elite prospects, even if a team doesn't need a CB, they may still take one of these guys.
    Carolina is set at CB with Chris Gamble and Richard Marshall. Even without Luck, they need more help along the DL. Take them out of the mix.
    Denver actually needs serious CB help, especially with Champ Bailey's contract being up. They probably take Peterson.
    Buffalo is a wild card, they have one of the better secondary coaches in the league, and they always have quality defensive backs. But, they like taking corners in the first round, and they do need defensive help. In the end, I still think they go DL. They can't stop the run.
    Cincinnati has two good corners already. Plus, they are almost guaranteed to take A.J. Green if he is there. Take them out.
    Arizona has Toler and DRC. They need a pass rusher. Take them out.
    Cleveland took Joe Haden last year. And, they have Eric Wright. This could actually develop into an elite CB tandem. Take them out.
    San Francisco needs CB help badly. It's probably their biggest priority, even above QB. But, if by some chance they decide to go with Mallett, then we'll have the chance to grab Amukamara.

So, in summary, Denver, Buffalo, San Francisco are the most likely to take CB. Our only shot is if SF decides to go QB instead.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Aside from Luck, I dont know of any elite QB prospects this year. If we do draft a QB, I would prefer to grab one in the second round as we will have time to build on him.. If we dont end up trading down, Id still like to nab julio. The guys elite, even if they have AJ at #1 at WR, there is pretty much little difference.

Then of course, thats assuming tht Peterson isnt available, which is unlikely

Still, if there isnt anyone worth it, trade down. There will be alot more we can do with a few extra second and third rounders if we cant get much value for the pick.

6. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry about the accidental it sucks. Fat fingers on an iPhone...

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's almost my list. But, I'd rather have Bowers than Quinn.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's possible.

1 Carolina Panthers
    2 Denver Broncos
    3 Buffalo Bills
    4 Cincinnati Bengals
    5 Arizona Cardinals
    6 Cleveland Browns
    7 San Francisco 49ers

Thats the draft order of the teams ahead of us. Who would take a CB: Panthers doubtful, Broncos maybe if Champ leaves, Bills doubtful, Bengals doubtful, Cardinals slightly possible, Browns doubtful, 49ers possible... I'd say we have a decent chance.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I think you're right about Mallett...I really like that kid. He's shown the ability to improve his decision making, now I want to see how he looks in a big game against a quality D tomorrow night.

Suh was a freak, Ive never seen a DT like him. Nick Fairley is very much like Warren Sapp, just a pure pass rushing DT. He'll go in the top 3 of this draft.

As far as Tolzien, I would be absolutely fine with him as a late round pick. He can probably be had in round 5-7. He reminds me a lot of the Mauk kid the Packers took from LSU. A kid I really like that will go a little earlier is Pat Devlin, he'll most likely go round 2-3 though. Ricky Stanzi is another kid I like.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

A lot can change between now and the draft...but as of right now here would be my top 7, assuming Harbaugh leaves Stanford and Luck ends up declaring.

1. Carolina - Luck
    2. Denver- Fairley
    3. Buffalo- Daquan Bowers
    4. Bengals-AJ Green
    5. Arizona-Ryan Mallett (note if they get McNabb this changes)
    6. Cleveland-Marcel Dareus (could see them reaching for Julio Jones here)
    7. San Fran-Patrick Peterson
    8. Titans-Prince Akukamara....

So yes..there is a very good chance we can get one of the elite corners in this draft. The wild card is Denver because I could see them taking Peterson #2 overall. If they decide to go with a 3-4 Fairley will not be a fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar