Titans to meet with Herndon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I agree with MJTitans on nothing wrong with bringing these guys in. At this time we don't have a top corner on our team with Pac out so take a look at as many as you can keep the best cut the rest and take the small cap hit for turning them loose. I think MR is being very smart understanding the position we are in at corner and wr. I would like to see us look hard at Kris Jenkins whose in the doghouse in Carolina. If they cant trade him they may release him. I'm not sure how much he has left but we arent very strong at DT and he might be worth a mid round pick. He will want a big contract but a couple years ago he was a top DL might be a good place to invest some of our cap money.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Bye bye Woolfolk, King, Waddell. Why not take Herndon if he would allow us to release those players.

CB-Harper, Finnegan, Smith, Hill, Pac*, Herndon, maybe one other.
    S- Griffin, Hope, Lowry, Smith, LT* only cuz Fish likes him

Jenkins still has a lot to offer just was slowed by injuries but he will be healthy this year and would be worth anywhere from probably a 2nd-3rd depending on his physical. I'd do it then we can get rid of some dead weight at the DT area.

3. Nash

Nash Starter

it has occured to me that we might be interested in Herndon for the slot because Ryan Smith may not be ready to play the slot and needs to be on the ps for a while, remember Smith had a pedestrian 4.65 in the 40 ..and I suspect that the final db's will be Hill, Harper, Finnegan, King, Herndon, Griffin, Hope, Lowry, Fuller, and Scott.. waddell might make the the final 53 if an injury occurs... Woolfolk, thompson, Nickey released and smith to the ps..

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Nickey was extended

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If we've seen anything from Nickey, it's that he has the ability to stick around. I no longer "expect" him to be cut every offseason.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm not understanding our Front Office right now. If they bring this guy in is he going to start?

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Hard to tell that until you see what kind of contract he signs. I could see him signing a multiple year contract with a low end first year, that would pay him more if he can be a starter by the 2008 season. If Griffen goes back to safety and harper is done after 1 year, we could use him. We could also go ahead and put Griffen at safety and start herndon opposite harper. He could also just be a good #3 CB, if he's willing to sign a contract that pays that way. But we won't know what kind of role the FO expects until we see how he would be paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar