Rumor Titans to let Tannehill test free agency?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Seems like a good use for transition tag but we’ll see, just hope Robinson and Vrabel have a plan and vision. More transparency woulda been nice for us fans!

• Troll Troll x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Supposedly Teams aren't going to be using 2 tags because as soon as the cba gets accepted it retroactively removes one of the tags (the transition)

4. TitanJeff

I understood this cba doesn't go into effect until 2021 since it wasn't approved by Feb 25. But I see that, if approved by March 18, it will be in effect for 2020.

"One potential notable change would be that teams would only be able to use only one tag (franchise or transition) when the tag window opens on Feb. 25. That change could affect the plans of teams like the Cowboys, Buccaneers and Titans, all of whom are thought to be considering placing both tags on impending free agents."

5. VondyP

and the tag window closes on March 12... so teams have to put in the tags before they know if one will even be staying. not something they can really lean on.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I heard a lot of players complain about the proposed CBA, and why rush it when they have 18 months to reach a deal?

7. TitanJeff

About the CBA vote: I think it's about the NFL product being more attractive with a CBA in place to the networks and the players getting a bigger piece of the pie sooner ($5 billion).

I will say that if the Titans let Tannehill walk, it's either because JRob doesn't think he's the real deal or Brady is in the bag.

I love Henry but I don't tag him over Tannehill if they think he can continue playing at a high level.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Not saying one decision is better than the other but it's worth mentioning that Tannehill will probably make right around the tag value for a QB per year on his contract, and Henry could make up to 5m more than the tag for RBs.

9. VondyP

because all the minimum-salary guys get a 20% pay increase when it's signed. and minimum-salary guys make up over half the league. only takes 51% to pass. very likely it passes if brought to a real vote.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

the money isnt paid out immediately, its over the course of a few years from what I last read

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar