Titans to go with a DB in the 1st???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Coach Mike Munchak says the Titans are in pursuit of a true press corner who can get physical with wide receivers at the line of scrimmage.
    The Titans deal with Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Justin Blackmon and twice a year in the AFC South. "We’ll definitely look at a corner — if there’s one we like at the time we’re picking — that has those kinds of abilities," said Munchak. "That can get up more in your face and play a little more man to man." While the logical connection might be Florida State's Xavier Rhodes, press corners can often be found in the draft's mid to late rounds.
    Related: Titans
    Source: Nashville Tennessean Apr 24 - 9:42 AM

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I have been banging this drum for a while. All actions from the FO point to a DB in the first round.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea Im afraid this may be the route we take.

The fact we added a player at every posistion except CB makes me believe we're going CB at 10. We all know we're 1 good CB shy of having a good team.

However, there are a few CB's I could see us drafting, so maybe we don't go CB at 10, maybe we hold off til the 2nd round.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

This can easily be a smokescreen. Who actually says, "yeah - we want a press corner... so FYI were taking a CB at #10" two days before the draft? Answer: nobody.

It's a need, but there's PLENTY of good corners in this draft. Munchak saying this doesn't prove we're going CB in the 1st. Maybe its DJ Hayden or Jonathan Banks in the 2nd?

5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

We need a CB but not because of the three guys you mentioned. Blackmon could be good if they ever get a decent QB but the other two are regressing. Andre can't stay healthy and is aging, Wayne is durable and had a good season admittedly but he isn't the threat he once was also due to age. TY Hilton is the WR I'm most scared of in our division in the coming years.

6. JCBRAVE

Yea fans should be careful of what to believe this week, but CB is a huge hole to fill, we have 2 good ones, and 1 of them is a nickle guy.

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

We will use a draft pick on a CB either round 1 or 2. I'm also holding out hope Tommie Campbell put it together I think he could excel in a press heavy scheme if his head is in it.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Also, one is an FA at the end of the year. As you said before, we added to pretty well every position through FA except CB. They did not even bring an FA CB in.

And I agree we could hold off until the second round. There should be some decent ones still available. And if we do not take one at 10 then 99% that we take one in round 2.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What's funny, Verner has barely even play nickle. Finnegan always played NB, then last year he played LCB - he played NB a total of 7 snaps last year.

10. JCBRAVE

Verner was a great NB in 2010

And he'd be a great NB this year if we allow him to play there.

He's good in tight spaces, has great instincts, and gets better as the game goes on. He should be our NB

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar