Titans to Continue Using WR Rotation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans are waiting for someone to step up among their group or receivers. So far, the Titans are using a rotation -- Roydell Williams, Brandon Jones, Eric Moulds and Justin Gage at the outside spots and utilizing rookie Chris Davis mostly in the slot. “At this point, I like the rotation, but you always want to have your set two guys,” receivers coach Fred Graves said. “The way this group is coming along, maybe we have to stick with the rotation.” If two are beginning to emerge as making a case for more playing time, it's Jones and Williams. Jones leads the Titans with six reception so far this season and Williams had a 72 yard game Sunday against the Colts.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

We can probably save this article for next year. I hope not, maybe Givens will come back and be something, but . . . lookin' mighty ugh.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

R. Williams and jones can get the job done as the starters. Not sure who can help at #3 but davis seems to have the most talented. Moulds and gage need to get less playing time.

As far as next year is concerned davis and p williams better darn make an impact.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I can't lie, Roydell Williams showed me something last week that I did not think he was capable of. He made plays and showed good sideline awareness on several plays. He also looks like he bulked up since last season. I remember him having a few deep ball drops last season and I think one in the pre-season, and that's the one thing that concerns me about him.

B.Jones already made case for himeslf last season (still wishing he caught that pass last week).

I think Moulds could come off the bench on 3rd down situations, and also Gage, and using Chris Davis in the slot (wish he would have caught his missed pass also).

Let Youth be served!

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

i have to disagree with you Tide, I think Justin Gage has been our most sure-handed reciever this year. He seems to catch everything coming his way.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

except the deep ball that hit him right in the hands against the colts.

you just don't want to accept the possibility that roydell might be our best WR.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I simply don't see how R. Williams shouldn't be getting more playing time. He cemented his spot on the roster with a real solids pre-season game and was obviously the go to guy last week. Keeping him on the bench for any reason other than to give him a short rest is simply stupid. He should be the one guy who hardly ever comes out of the game. Personally I'd probably do the same with Jones and just make the statement now that those are our #1 and #2 WRs in no particular order. I'd also give Gage more time in the slot because we simply can't afford Davis missing passes and fumbling the ball. Let him focus on return duties and maybe a few slot snaps. Moulds is strickly a backup or special play guy IMO. Maybe have some plays for him in short yardage because he still has good hands but Moulds simply isn't any kind of a deep threat.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Roydell has been impressive... and don't forget he played with hand and wrist injuries in the past - after this past month or so I'm convinced his drops were due to that. Gotta love the big sideline grab and his TD grab last week... great awareness.

Totally agree - Moulds has been too quiet. Jones proved himself last year and has earned a starting spot. Williams has earned a shot at the other spot - who cares who is considered #1 or #2. I like Davis, and he certainly looks to have good route running skills - but he's a rookie. Moulds and Gage are nice big guys who can handle the slot and have experience. Why not just go with them, and let them give Jones and Williams a breather when needed. I'd love to see Ealy active soon - see if he needs more work or if he's ready to contribute.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Unless Moulds turns it up, he'll be the one gone if Givens rejoins the roster in a few weeks.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't care who steps up, but someone needs to take that #1 spot and never give it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar