Titans @ Texans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

SO close to 6-0. That is how you have too look at it. We are not getting beat by anyone. We are a legitimate contender. Bring on the Patriots.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:lol2:

Did you see who we lost to last week?
    Did you see the scoring summary this week?...and who it was against?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the Jags have a kicker, the Falcons do anything with those five turnovers and the Texans not give up the huge pass late today, we're staring at 1-5.

That's the NFL.

What is promising is that the Titans have the potential to be much better. They've not played a complete game yet.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I'm concerned about Ahmard Hall more than anything right now. He is a great FB and a big part of our success. Atleast its only a forearm and not a knee or something. Do we convert a TE or go out and pick someone up?

Whoever said Hall is running out of time since he's in his late 20's needs to be examined because you are way off. Let me tell you why...Lorenzo Neal is 36, Mack Strong who only retired this year because of injury is 36 and made the Pro Bowl last year, Mike Alstott is 33 yrs old but has 12 years exp. and was basically a RB for the bucs with 1,359 attempts which wore him down, Fred Beasley is 33 yrs old with 9 years exp., Zack Crockett is 34 I mean this can go on and on. Age is only a number and a lot of FB's go mid 30's like most other positions and those FB's have been in the league for 10+ yrs when Hall has been in the league for 2 yrs which = not much wear and tear plus he keeps himself in great shape which will prolong his career.

Sorry I ranted but that post made no sense to me.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

If I hav ever been more sick over a WIN, its today. Like everyone here old enough to actually remember and saw the Oilers/Bills, this was too sickening and all too familiar, after that game heads rolled. I hope that they learned a lesson from this, that would have been a much harder lesson to learn if they would have lost.

Positives:
    D played great minus the 4th quarter.
    Chris Henry ACTUALLY did look good, no missed blocking assignments.
    No Turnovers by KC

NEGATIVES:
    Although he got 2 picks, Harper's nose for the deep ball is a little suspect.

Coaching went conservative on us and almost cost us, no way should 2 on side kicks in a row work in the NFL

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Henry looked good
    el Dub looked good
    Williams and the other receivers looked good, for the most part

Defense, I dont see Lowry in there much longer, Griffin is just to good right now

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Griffin needs to be on that field somewhere. We need him back there wether it be at FS or at CB over Harper I don't care just somewhere pleaseeee FO. He needs to be in there because Harper can't cover a guy past 15 yards and Lowry still needs some work. Griff is fast, aggressive, and a playmaker.

Finnegan and Hope are very good but Harper more than Lowry shouldn't be in there. Teams are exploiting him on deep routes.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Roydell has quietly become a nice receiver... been several weeks of nice catches. When Jones gets back we're looking at a pretty decent tandem. Chris Henry ran very well, showed much better vision/patience than in preseason... although Lendale got the hard yards in the beginning to soften things up. Everyone knows we're coming out running, and it's tough to pound it in like that. But that doesn't take anything away from Henry making the most of his opportunity.

I'm scratching my head over the defense, though... and didn't we get 2 turnovers in the 4th (muffed punt and INT)? HOW is it even possible to give up 29 points in any quarter - especially when you pick up 2 TOs? They've been solid for 5 straight weeks, so they get a pass in my book. But that was shameful.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We gave up enough TDs in the fourth quarter to make up for the last five games we didn't give up any.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Anyone think once Brown is healthy Henry goes back to the inactive list?
    If Fisher does that I will no longer consider myself a Titan's fan.

If Brown remains the inactive guy it would be pretty funny because whenever he goes down a guy with the last name of Henry is always there to snatch his spot up with good play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar